+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canda - please advise

Jun 27, 2017
Melbourne
NOC Code......
Hi All,

My name is Shashank and I am currently residing in Melbourne (Australia). I have an Indian passport. I arrived in Australia as a student and I have graduated from my Master's in Supply Chain and Logistics Management. I have been living here for the past two and half years. I am currently working as a Procurement Co-coordinator with an FMCG company. I have had 4 years of experience working as SAP consultant in Bangalore, India.

I am currently staying here in Australia on a two year graduate visa, which expires in 2019. My work contract expires in July 2018, so I would have stayed in Australia for almost 3 years and 5 months.

My question is, since I have stayed here in Australia for 3 years, would I still have to write IELTS or any language proficiency test in order for me to apply for Canadian visa.

I would want to move to Canada on the skilled visa as my occupation is mentioned in the NOC list of Canada (1225 - Purchasing agents and officers).

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks. :)
Shashank

Jun 27, 2017
Melbourne
NOC Code......
Yes, it is mandatory to have IELTS score
thanks for you reply. the doubt I have is, I have taken IELTS for coming to study in Australia and PTE for my graduate visa and have lived in a English speaking country for 3 years, would I still need to prove my English speaking ability? hence wanted to know if I would need to take any language proficiency tests?

-Shashank

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
thanks for you reply. the doubt I have is, I have taken IELTS for coming to study in Australia and PTE for my graduate visa and have lived in a English speaking country for 3 years, would I still need to prove my English speaking ability? hence wanted to know if I would need to take any language proficiency tests?

-Shashank
Yes, as your IELTS score should be less than 2 years old... though you are in Australia for 3 years, it is mandatory...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
alright. thanks for that. I shall keep in mind. Either IELTS or PTE, it should be less than 2 years right?
No - only IELTS General is accepted. PTE is not. Yes - the results have to be less than 2 years old. This is basic information available on the CIC web site. I would recommend you spend additional time there familiarizing yourself with the requirements to immigrate.