+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moving to canada options

jtcpa2011

Nov 17, 2018
Hi,

I would like to ask for some advice. What are the option(s) available for me to immigrate to Canada given the following circumstances and where can I get some help.

1. My boyfriend is an Indian citizen granted with permanent residency in Canada.

2. I am a citizen of the Philippines but currently resides abroad (not Canada) as an overseas worker.

3. Spousal sponsorship is not an option at the moment since my boyfriend's parents won't allow him to marry someone not of their own choosing (we are of legal age and regular income earners by the way). Common-law sponsorship is out of the question as we are not living together.

4. The plan is to stay longer in Canada, enroll in a post graduate program part time and work full time. But I am not admitted to a university or landed a job yet.

Thank you for those who'll take their time replying to me.

Regards,
JT

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

I would like to ask for some advice. What are the option(s) available for me to immigrate to Canada given the following circumstances and where can I get some help.

1. My boyfriend is an Indian citizen granted with permanent residency in Canada.

2. I am a citizen of the Philippines but currently resides abroad (not Canada) as an overseas worker.

3. Spousal sponsorship is not an option at the moment since my boyfriend's parents won't allow him to marry someone not of their own choosing (we are of legal age and regular income earners by the way). Common-law sponsorship is out of the question as we are not living together.

4. The plan is to stay longer in Canada, enroll in a post graduate program part time and work full time. But I am not admitted to a university or landed a job yet.

Thank you for those who'll take their time replying to me.

Regards,
JT
Basically, if you are discounting a Family Class Sponsorship, (forget conjugal, as you are almost certainly not eligible), then economic immigration is your only realistic option. Study/PGWP/CEC is one path. Have you studied the IRCC website to see what is available to you?

jtcpa2011

Nov 17, 2018
Thanks zardoz for the reply...

Yes, I have already read the website... And I think you are right...

My problem is my qualification as a skilled worker and chances of getting employed and be granted with working visa before I enter Canada. I am most certain I am capable but my eligibility as a certified public accountant in both my home country and resident country wouldn't hold much benefit unless I get the same certification in Canada. I already looked up for some job postings online but almost all of them require a holder of Canadian CPA designation. I've also looked for employment opportunities via recruitment agencies in the philippines but accounting/audit jobs weren't available too.

Might as well get a tourist visa, get it extended later, then apply for common law sponsorship under Canada class (although his parent's wouldn't allow us living together but he assured me it's his call in the end) so I can also apply for open work permit or try applying for admission to a Master of Accounting program. Both of these two would surely be costly though.

Honestly, this is really complicated. I am also getting pessimistic and giving up on our relationship have already crossed my mind.

Appreciate your thoughts...

- jt

Basically, if you are discounting a Family Class Sponsorship, (forget conjugal, as you are almost certainly not eligible), then economic immigration is your only realistic option. Study/PGWP/CEC is one path. Have you studied the IRCC website to see what is available to you?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks zardoz for the reply...

Yes, I have already read the website... And I think you are right...

My problem is my qualification as a skilled worker and chances of getting employed and be granted with working visa before I enter Canada. I am most certain I am capable but my eligibility as a certified public accountant in both my home country and resident country wouldn't hold much benefit unless I get the same certification in Canada. I already looked up for some job postings online but almost all of them require a holder of Canadian CPA designation. I've also looked for employment opportunities via recruitment agencies in the philippines but accounting/audit jobs weren't available too.

Might as well get a tourist visa, get it extended later, then apply for common law sponsorship under Canada class (although his parent's wouldn't allow us living together but he assured me it's his call in the end) so I can also apply for open work permit or try applying for admission to a Master of Accounting program. Both of these two would surely be costly though.

Honestly, this is really complicated. I am also getting pessimistic and giving up on our relationship have already crossed my mind.

Appreciate your thoughts...

- jt
You can use your work experience as an accountant to apply for Express Entry and provincial nomination programs...as a skilled worker, you don't have to go to undergo certifications to apply to immigrate (although it sometimes depends on the province, if you're going through a PNP). And even if you apply though Express Entry, you are not required to work as an accountant or gain CPA certifications once you get into Canada. You can do any type of work you want once you get PR status...even go back to school and qualify for domestic tuition fees and student grants and loans.

You don't have any chance of getting a job offer in Canada before you get PR status. There are ways to immigrate through economic programs without job offers.

As you mentioned, the common-law and studying in Canada processes are also available.

Last edited: