+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to another province after applying CEC ???

ssbb

Feb 25, 2011
Hi guys,

I don't know if anybody has the same question here but is there a problem of moving to another province after applying through CEC? On the application form I remember we have to write down which city you intended to live, of course I wrote down the one that I lived in at the time I was applying. And now, I want to make a change in my life and move to another province, but I am a little concerned it will somehow affect my application. Can anybody help me out with this question??? or anybody encountered the same problem here as I do???

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only potential problem is if you indicated you were going to live in Quebec. That's because they have an entirely different immigration system.

ssbb

Feb 25, 2011
MrB said:
The only potential problem is if you indicated you were going to live in Quebec. That's because they have an entirely different immigration system.
Thanks Mr B!

Oh I just want to move from BC to AB. So according to what you said, there shouldn't be any problem with my choice,right?

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have absolutely no problem especially if you are not using any of the provincial nominee program routes to apply for you permanent residence.

ssbb

Feb 25, 2011
MrB said:
You have absolutely no problem especially if you are not using any of the provincial nominee program routes to apply for you permanent residence.
Good to hear that!
Many thanks!