+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to another country during application

wlwhoami

Nov 24, 2019
Hi, guys

I got a question about my movement here.

I am in Tokyo Japan now, received my ITA at about Nov,18, thus got 60 days to apply since then. Now I have most of my documents ready, and I can submit the files and fees in 3 days.

However, I am moving to the USA at the end of Dec 2019, which makes a lot of things complicated. I thought about the two bad options I have.
  1. Turn down the application. I don't want to, I am currently at the edge of drawing here (472), probably will need a while to be picked up again.
  2. Submit the files after I aboard the USA. Bad option, since I will need a new PCC from JAPAN after I left the country, which would take weeks. And my deadline is like around Jan 13th, 2020.

So my current plan is, submit the files and fees before I leave Japan, and submit my address change later when I left the country.

I want to ask:
  1. Is this plan gonna work?
  2. Will this be an issue if I change the address within this short window?
  3. How long it will take for Canadian guys to ask your biometrics after you submit the application? I don't want to miss it if I happen to fall into my relocation period.
  4. How does the change of address works, do I need to submit newly updated documents later, like updated Employment letter, updated Japan PCC, updated Bank letter, etc. After I move to the US?

Thank you guys so much for this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, guys

I got a question about my movement here.

I am in Tokyo Japan now, received my ITA at about Nov,18, thus got 60 days to apply since then. Now I have most of my documents ready, and I can submit the files and fees in 3 days.

However, I am moving to the USA at the end of Dec 2019, which makes a lot of things complicated. I thought about the two bad options I have.
  1. Turn down the application. I don't want to, I am currently at the edge of drawing here (472), probably will need a while to be picked up again.
  2. Submit the files after I aboard the USA. Bad option, since I will need a new PCC from JAPAN after I left the country, which would take weeks. And my deadline is like around Jan 13th, 2020.

So my current plan is, submit the files and fees before I leave Japan, and submit my address change later when I left the country.

I want to ask:
  1. Is this plan gonna work?
  2. Will this be an issue if I change the address within this short window?
  3. How long it will take for Canadian guys to ask your biometrics after you submit the application? I don't want to miss it if I happen to fall into my relocation period.
  4. How does the change of address works, do I need to submit newly updated documents later, like updated Employment letter, updated Japan PCC, updated Bank letter, etc. After I move to the US?

Thank you guys so much for this.
Your plan is fine. Just send a Webform after you move with your new address. You don't need updated documents.