+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moving to alberta question......

Jun 8, 2009
hi, i am moving to alberta from the us as a foreign worker and working on my work permit..... i am planing to move there by car, i am not a us citizen (fed up of waiting for my green card). do you think this is possible, do i need to fill up form for my car. can i carry all my personal belongings such as laptop, desktop and bike. or can i ask my friend who is a us citizen to drive me north of the border. i don't have enough papers to go back to the us (only one way going out to the us).
i appreciate your time in reading this and please give input on this
thank you so much,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a work permit for a job in Canada, you should not have a problem. You will need to fill out a list of all the stuff you own that you are bringing with you, complete with serial numbers and approximate value if you were going to sell it. You give that to customs. If your car is actually yours and not financed, you can import it with you. If it's financed, you need a letter from the financial institution allowing you to take it since it may be hard for them to get payments from you once you have left the US. I hear they usually don't give such letters. If that was the case, you would have to sell the car in the US and get another one that you own completely or have your friend drive you and buy yourself a car in Canada.

Jun 8, 2009
thanks leon.... please give some inputs about this... since i was here in the us for more than 3 years, do you think they will require me to take a medical examination...
thanks again....