+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving-in together while sponsorship is processing

canadian-guy

Jul 30, 2018
Hello,

I'm a Sponsor living in Canada, my wife is Applicant, living in Russia. We have just submitted our documents, so there's quite some time till we will be together.

I'm considering one option - quitting my Canadian job, getting one in EU (Spain or Portugal), and moving there, together with my wife. This will allow both of us to live together, on work visas, legally.

Here are a few questions I have.

1. Will this positively affect the credibility of our application? Our relationship is genuine; however, we have not cohabitated much, due to immigration barrier.

2. When notifying CIC, which documents should we provide, apart from cohabitation proof/plan of return?

3. Which visa office will the documents go to - Russia or EU?

4. If documents have already arrived to Russia VO, and we notify CIC of our move, will this cause delay / cause another transfer of documents?

Thanks in advance for your help.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
1. it wont make much a difference now that you have submitted the app. they assess the relationship up until the point of submission. can she not apply for a visitor visa?

2. i would say resignation letter, offer letter in the new country, lease, ties to canada

3. russia

4. the documents will not be transferred to another VO