+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More info on the express entry programme

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=advSrch&crtr.mnthndVl=10&crtr.mnthStrtVl=1&crtr.page=1&nid=893449&crtr.yrndVl=2014&crtr.kw=express&crtr.yrStrtVl=2002&crtr.dyStrtVl=1&crtr.dyndVl=21

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
Interesting :)

shrinivas1980

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is something repetitive information. There is nothing new in this link. Sorry, don't mind.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Through Express Entry, foreign nationals who meet the criteria for one of the federal immigration programs will be accepted into a pool of potential candidates
What does it mean? What criteria CIC will keep? The current for each program? Then what is the sense of EE? To eliminate Sydney part?

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
The biggest difference will be that EE will be like a 'screening' process...

Even if you have the requirements under the programs to apply, you will not be able, unless you get ITA.

That is the main difference, now you can go ahead n apply whenever you feel like, as long as you are eligible.

Then, even being eligible, will not give you that option,
you still have to create profile, enter pool based on points and then if selected, apply under any of the current streams

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
When I mean 'screen', I do not mean like now, where they just check the documents, and if you are ok, they process it.

I mean that they have the option to look at you as a whole, through your profile, and decide if they 'like' you, (be successful in Canada and contribute to its economy).

That will allow them instead of processing whoever is eligible and whenever that person decides to apply, to actively decide who is 'good for Canada' and who is not, and only after that (ITA), one will be eligible to apply under current streams.

The criteria basic will be: age, level of proficiency in official languages, education/experience (abroad) and education/experience (Canadian), similar to Australia's... There will be facts like family in Canada etc, that may give some points, but the main portion will be the above mentioned.

Also, we know for sure that valid job offer (subject to ESDC-former LMIA/LMO) be a real plus, as they state certain ITA...

I am waiting to see about all those who currently work, all the TFW who have a valid job, permanent-full time and might not have completed 1 year before EE launches.

It makes sense to me that they will also have advantage, as they have canadian experience, maybe even education (as PGWP holders) and most important, ARE already contributing to Canada's economy, proven professionals

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
Not possible, most of that category will be the international graduates, holders of PGWP or spouses of them, with OWP.

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
Who would you think who had canadian experience, would choose to apply under FSW?

The whole CEC was based on PGWP holders basically and also TFW...
People who are aleady in Canada, familiar with the country, contributing to the economy, paying taxes etc

If you were to apply through FSW, you might as well stay back home, not spend your hard earned money on canadian education and life here, use any qualifing work experience, apply under FSW and just wait there.

Makes no sense to me to choose FSW over CEC when already here, with canadian education and/or canadian work experience.

And of course, makes sense that Canada will want to keep the (well educated,young,good English level) individuals who HAVE canadian work experience or currently employed when EE launches, than inviting people from abroad.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
There's not a piece of new information coming out since May when the Government declared EE. Definitely a strategy to build the tension and hope for people like us ??? As much as they say it's going to get things moving at the speed of light, i think it's another bureaucratic process to slow things down. Does anyone in this forum agree?

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
evanstp9 said:
The biggest difference will be that EE will be like a 'screening' process...

Even if you have the requirements under the programs to apply, you will not be able, unless you get ITA.

That is the main difference, now you can go ahead n apply whenever you feel like, as long as you are eligible.

Then, even being eligible, will not give you that option,
you still have to create profile, enter pool based on points and then if selected, apply under any of the current streams
In my opinion, EE is just a way that CIC is able to make a big selection data pool, yes anyone can go online to apply and key in all of their information and data, however it is upto CIC officers to decide whom they are interested or let's put this way .... what kind of people Canada currently needs then the CIC officers might send those applicants an EOI (Expression of Interest) ...as far as I know after the applicants received EOI then they still need to get a job offer in Canada. After they got a job offer in Canada then the CIC is going to grant that applicant to land in Canada within 6 months. Therefore I think if you are really what Canada needs then congrats cos EE is the best way for you to immigrate to Canada otherwise try to apply for immigration before the end of this year cos it will be so much harder to get the immigration done later.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
SMCANADAVISA said:
There's not a piece of new information coming out since May when the Government declared EE.
Not entirely true. CIC website has posted quite a bit of info (lots of links a the bottom of the page). But perhaps its true that the news media aren't following...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here is some information

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canada-to-open-the-door-wider-to-higher-calibre-immigrants/article21417126/