+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Month to Month Contract

Khaled Zahran

Dec 26, 2020
Hi there,

I am currently on a PGWP and planning to apply for the CEC on February 1st, 2021. I have been working as a full-time facility manager (NOC 0) (40 hours/week) since i finished my master's degree on February 1st, 2020. I wasn't laid off during the covid-19 so by February 1st, 2021 I will have the one-year experience required under this program. Also, I have been working with the same employer as a part-time facility manager during my master's degree and once i finished my degree they asked me to be a full time facility manager with them. So, My questions are:

1- Would my month to month contract makes me eligible for this program or not? bearing in mind that i am the one who chose that " Month to Month " contract and also that my employer is the one who files my taxes and I receive the T4 by the end of each year and I have all the benefits they are offering so it's not a casual job.
2- If my net salary is $2,208 after all the taxes reduction and the medical insurance fees, is this enough salary or my salary has to be higher in order to be eligible for PR?
3- Despite that my contract is a month to month to contract, my employer did not lay me off during the covid 19 first wave and they are not willing to lay me off anytime. So, does it makes any difference to ask for a yearly contract instead of the monthly contract?
4- What is the usual processing time for the CEC?

Thanks a lot guys and i really appreciate your help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1.month to month contract is not an issue.
2. You are in a NOC 0 position and that is your monthly income. What is the NOC and where do you live. Officers may have an issue with your salary.
3. As long as you are an employee, contract doesn’t matter.
4. After ITA, and when you apply then 6-8 months.

Khaled Zahran

Dec 26, 2020
1.month to month contract is not an issue.
2. You are in a NOC 0 position and that is your monthly income. What is the NOC and where do you live. Officers may have an issue with your salary.
3. As long as you are an employee, contract doesn’t matter.
4. After ITA, and when you apply then 6-8 months.
Thank you so much @Naturgrl for your reply this is really helpful. i just have a question regarding point number two. Can you please explain more? My NOC no is 0714 (Facility operation and maintenance managers) bear in mind that i am facility manager in a non-profit community center that is why the salary is not that high.

Khaled Zahran

Dec 26, 2020
Thank you so much @Naturgrl for your reply this is really helpful. i just have a question regarding point number two. Can you please explain more? My NOC no is 0714 (Facility operation and maintenance managers) bear in mind that i am facility manager in a non-profit community center that is why the salary is not that high.
Forgot to mention that i live in Nova Scotia

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Where are you working because your NOC is 0 (executive/management) & needs to meet the provincial wages for that NOC.