+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mom's Visa Application - Just worried ;/

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
Hi Guys,

I am worried for my mom's visa. Here is the application profile

1) She is widowed
2) Self Employed: Have one company registered under her name and has been operating since 2006. We have two stores and provided an address for both the locations.
3) I, my twin and my younger brother all three of us are in Canada. I and my twin are on work permit while my little brother is on the study permit.
4) Proof of Funds: Property Agreement, Savings account 16000$ ( Recently Transferred from Business Account), Business Statement from past six months and Income Tax Statement.
5) I provided information about all the other family members she has eg: Brothers, Sisters and Mom.
6) Travel History: She traveled to Dubai for five days last December.
7) Applied for four weeks and also provided a letter in which my brother and I would be sponsoring her stay and provided financial proof for the same.

I want to know if there was something I really missed out on ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's probably going to be difficult to get an approval given she is widowed, has effectively no travel history and all of her children are in Canada. Having said that - anything is possible and she may get lucky. Hope things work out.

I don't see anything that would have made the application stronger. You'll just have to cross your fingers and hope for the best.

shims_k

Nov 12, 2014
Hi,

How did things go? Did your mom get her visa? if yes, what is the duration that she got it for?

My situation is almost same - sister and I have CoPR, and mom is widowed and alone in India.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
shims_k said:
Hi,

How did things go? Did your mom get her visa? if yes, what is the duration that she got it for?

My situation is almost same - sister and I have CoPR, and mom is widowed and alone in India.
I applied, have not gotten a reply yet. I will update you once the decision is made.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
luvanuj said:
Hi Guys,

I am worried for my mom's visa. Here is the application profile

1) She is widowed
2) Self Employed: Have one company registered under her name and has been operating since 2006. We have two stores and provided an address for both the locations.
3) I, my twin and my younger brother all three of us are in Canada. I and my twin are on work permit while my little brother is on the study permit.
4) Proof of Funds: Property Agreement, Savings account 16000$ ( Recently Transferred from Business Account), Business Statement from past six months and Income Tax Statement.
5) I provided information about all the other family members she has eg: Brothers, Sisters and Mom.
6) Travel History: She traveled to Dubai for five days last December.
7) Applied for four weeks and also provided a letter in which my brother and I would be sponsoring her stay and provided financial proof for the same.

I want to know if there was something I really missed out on ?
My mom's case was worst than yours. She has been a widowed for over 20yrs, I'm his only child and she has no other close family members. Her sisters all married and living somewhere. She has no property on her own. She has no bank account, no job, just a peasant farmer. I send her money every two months. I was so afraid to apply for visitor's visa for her , let alone supervisa.

Upon all these, when I applied for visitor's visa she was quickly approved with close to 10yrs visa. No interview requested. Just message in her myCIC ccount requesting for her original passport. The only documents from her was her passport and photo. I added invitation, financial documents and etc. I will say that, the purpose of travel is extremely important and just be frank: if your mum is poor, no job, lonely - tell the visa officer in writing these issues and coming to visit you will make her feel happy before returning back. Request for few days that you can afford.

Visa officers have compassion for parents!! Wish you all the best. If you want more information or anyone in such situation plans to apply - you can send me personal email for tips.

Depending on how you file your mum's application, she can be approved with multiple entries

Manjeet.attri

Apr 25, 2017
Hi Lashen,

I am in Canada on study visa and want to apply visitor visa for my mom and dad.
I want to show my mom dependent of my father.I know each and every form and document needed for my dad but have confusion for my mom.I do not know which immigration forms are required for the process.

Can you please help me ?

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manjeet.attri said:
Hi Lashen,

I want to show my mom dependent of my father.I know each and every form and document needed for my dad but have confusion for my mom.I do not know which immigration forms are required for the process.

Can you please help me ?
Get a letter of dependency/financial support from father for mom application.
Attach same documents in mom application

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Manjeet.attri said:
Hi Lashen,

Can you please help me ?
With study permit, you parents financial and social ties should be very strong to get visa!

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
My mom's case was worst than yours. She has been a widowed for over 20yrs, I'm his only child and she has no other close family members. Her sisters all married and living somewhere. She has no property on her own. She has no bank account, no job, just a peasant farmer. I send her money every two months. I was so afraid to apply for visitor's visa for her , let alone supervisa.

Upon all these, when I applied for visitor's visa she was quickly approved with close to 10yrs visa. No interview requested. Just message in her myCIC ccount requesting for her original passport. The only documents from her was her passport and photo. I added invitation, financial documents and etc. I will say that, the purpose of travel is extremely important and just be frank: if your mum is poor, no job, lonely - tell the visa officer in writing these issues and coming to visit you will make her feel happy before returning back. Request for few days that you can afford.

Visa officers have compassion for parents!! Wish you all the best. If you want more information or anyone in such situation plans to apply - you can send me personal email for tips.

Depending on how you file your mum's application, she can be approved with multiple entries

Hi Lashen, please guide me as well to apply for visa for my parents, who Are retired and no much saving