Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
Hello All,

I did provide experience Letter stating , I did work for XYZ company as "Mobile Application Developer". I did apply under 2173 as Software developer.

I have no good terms with Past employer .. Rather he is not in mood for me getting PR. So I cant get another detailed experience letter. So How can I explain them that Mobile Application is kind of Software Developer only and nothing different..

roberto_hongo

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront on 30-07-2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-05-2016
Hi,

If my understanding is correct, as long as your duties match your NOC (by 2173, you meant 2174 right?), your job title doesn't really impact which NOC you fall into. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. I applied under 2174 as well with work experience from two different companies. My job title in one of the companies was very different from "software developer" or "computer programmer" but essentially, I was a software developer in terms of my duty. My title in the second (current) company is "software developer".

I'm not sure how detailed we can explain our duties and responsibilities though. My duty is pretty much write code, test code, gather requirements... It could look very generic. This NOC is pretty self explanatory though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it either. If they request more documents to support your work experience, and your manager refuses to write the letter, you might be able to ask your colleagues to sign one and get it notarized, or show all the proof the you've tried to get the requested document from the company.

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
Thanks Man,

I can get number of letters from ex employee.. But CEO is problem.

Anyways thanks for your answer +1

roberto_hongo said:
Hi,

If my understanding is correct, as long as your duties match your NOC (by 2173, you meant 2174 right?), your job title doesn't really impact which NOC you fall into. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. I applied under 2174 as well with work experience from two different companies. My job title in one of the companies was very different from "software developer" or "computer programmer" but essentially, I was a software developer in terms of my duty. My title in the second (current) company is "software developer".

I'm not sure how detailed we can explain our duties and responsibilities though. My duty is pretty much write code, test code, gather requirements... It could look very generic. This NOC is pretty self explanatory though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it either. If they request more documents to support your work experience, and your manager refuses to write the letter, you might be able to ask your colleagues to sign one and get it notarized, or show all the proof the you've tried to get the requested document from the company.

aspirant2021

Apr 12, 2021
I have experience on mobile and responsive web development and currently am working as technical lead. My previous job duties matches with both 2173 and 2174. please let me know which NOC code should i choose

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I doesn't matter, I am Junior Mobile Application Developer, and my friend is Senior Mobile Application Developer, both of us changed job 2 times in Canada, before invitation and we both wrote NOC 2174 only.
The only reason we can't go for 2173 is, as it is certified job, and in Canada, to be called a Engineer, you need a license from Professional Engineers Ontario https://www.peo.on.ca/ . We both don't have the certification from P.Eng

aspirant2021

Apr 12, 2021
I doesn't matter, I am Junior Mobile Application Developer, and my friend is Senior Mobile Application Developer, both of us changed job 2 times in Canada, before invitation and we both wrote NOC 2174 only.
The only reason we can't go for 2173 is, as it is certified job, and in Canada, to be called a Engineer, you need a license from Professional Engineers Ontario https://www.peo.on.ca/ . We both don't have the certification from P.Eng
Really!!! I was looking for the answers for my post as well. Thanks a lot for your reply.