+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mistakes found after submission!

Blacksning

Apr 19, 2012
Sent out the application 10 days ago, but just realized I might forget to check the answers for the 2 questions " Were you a full-time student during any of above listed period?" and " Were you self-employed during any of the above listed perods? in Schedule A, Your Work Experience in Canada. Frustrated! How can I fix this except for waiting for the return? please help for this!

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
Re: mistakes found after mailed out the application!

There is nothing you can do, but odds are you might get the application returned to you in a few weeks.
Hope you didn't applied under any of these NOC codes http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-11-08.asp, as then you will not be able to re-apply under the CEC program. Unless you can find a way to claim experience under a different NOC

Blacksning

Apr 19, 2012

Thank you for reply. I am still safe for NOC now. However I noticed on this forum that someone found having used the old verson form after submission, hence he/she filled the upated form and mailed to Sydny (alao having a email message to Sydny) and it worked. So I am thinking maybe I can using the same way to fix my problem. Please help with your suggestion!

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014

Blacksning said:
Thank you for reply. I am still safe for NOC now. However I noticed on this forum that someone found having used the old verson form after submission, hence he/she filled the upated form and mailed to Sydny (alao having a email message to Sydny) and it worked. So I am thinking maybe I can using the same way to fix my problem. Please help with your suggestion!
There is nothing you can do. You have to wait until you either have the AOR, since that will give you an application number, or when they return the application to you

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Well, doesn't hurt to fill that particular form again and send to CIO, Sydney. Be sure to write a cover letter explaining the error and request that it be attached in your application. Also write your date of birth and client ID number. The worse that could happen is they may still return the application.

resubmitmypr

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
17-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
SenoritaBella said:
Well, doesn't hurt to fill that particular form again and send to CIO, Sydney. Be sure to write a cover letter explaining the error and request that it be attached in your application. Also write your date of birth and client ID number. The worse that could happen is they may still return the application.
Second that. Send them an email and also mail them the original cover letter and completed form ASAP. I did the same when I used an older version of the document.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Blacksning said:
Sent out the application 10 days ago, but just realized I might forget to check the answers for the 2 questions " Were you a full-time student during any of above listed period?" and " Were you self-employed during any of the above listed perods? in Schedule A, Your Work Experience in Canada. Frustrated! How can I fix this except for waiting for the return? please help for this!
yes it will be returned ...

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
SenoritaBella said:
I don't think it would hurt, but as far as I understand it doesn't make any sense to do it.

They used to work like this:
Officer X goes through application and checks if all documents are signed etc. If everything looks OK, AOR gets created and documents transfer into the system. If something is wrong, they will return the complete application! There is no reference in the system. So if you send an updated form, they cannot do anything with it if you are not in the system.

Unless that changed, I stand my point. Wait until you got a reference number or until the application gets returned. I think the person in this thread who actually did send them an updated form, got accepted and got AOR so when his\her email arrived, they actually had the application in the system.
In your case, if they process your email before the application comes in, there is nothing to attach it too.

Blacksning

Apr 19, 2012
mrFoce said:
I don't think it would hurt, but as far as I understand it doesn't make any sense to do it.

Officer X goes through application and checks if all documents are signed etc. If everything looks OK, AOR gets created and documents transfer into the system. If something is wrong, they will return the complete application! There is no reference in the system. So if you send an updated form, they cannot do anything with it if you are not in the system.

Unless that changed, I stand my point. Wait until you got a reference number or until the application gets returned. I think the person in this thread who actually did send them an updated form, got accepted and got AOR so when his\her email arrived, they actually had the application in the system.
In your case, if they process your email before the application comes in, there is nothing to attach it too.

Thank you for your explanation. Yes, It might happen as your described. I am struggling on this.....after the return (around the end of December or next January, my police certificates from my home country and USA will be out f 3 months, and then I will have to take another 2 months to get new ones, then reapplication will be around next March. However, at that time, caps will be up......

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
Blacksning said:
Thank you for your explanation. Yes, It might happen as your described. I am struggling on this.....after the return (around the end of December or next January, my police certificates from my home country and USA will be out f 3 months, and then I will have to take another 2 months to get new ones, then reapplication will be around next March. However, at that time, caps will be up......
Good luck, guess you can try sending them the updated form, but even in the 'automated' reply they send when they receive you email, they mention that these guys do need the application number.

If your request requires us to access your immigration or citizenship file, we would need the following information:

1. Surname (last name)– Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document
2. Given name(s) (first name)– Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document
3. Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
4. Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number
5. Application number ( F#, EP#, E#, B#)
6. Type of application (Family Sponsorship, Canadian Experience Class, Provincial Nominee, Quebec Skilled Worker)

resubmitmypr

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
17-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
mrFoce said:

Unless that changed, I stand my point.
I guess this has changed. I was able to successfully add updated docs to my application before receiving the AOR. I used an older version of the forms and found about that after sending my application. I mailed the updated forms to CIO-Sydney as soon as I found about it and got a confirmation email that the documents have been added to my application in about 30 days. I got my AOR way after I got this confirmation email.

So I would highly recommend, go head and send the documents!!

Vadim8570

Jul 24, 2013
Hello everyone. I have the same stuff(((( Thank you though for the tips. I filed my app for PR in December, 2013. Now found out I will have to correct 2 forms. What do you think I should write on the envelope when I send my updated forms to CIO to make sure that CIO attaches my updated forms to the original application? What service should I use - courier or registered male? THank you very much for your help!