+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake on Parent's Sponsorship Application

Lilycanada

Jul 11, 2012
Hi

Please help

CIC sent letter advised that I am not an eligible sponsor because on my mom's application she indicated she's Married and listed my dad as a spouse. Because of this they included him in the undertaking but they shouldn't because I'm not sponsoring him and he's already a canadian citizen. IF they hadn't included him then I would be eligible as a sponsor

My questions are:

How can I convice VO to review this fact?

Will VO go back to CIC and ask them to review the eligibility before refusing the application

I'm so stressed and need help

cdn1

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2012
AOR Received.
July-2012
File Transfer...
July-2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
Nov. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Your dad is a citizen, why doesn't he sponsor your mom instead in the spousal sponsorship class?
It's much faster and easier process than the parental sponsorship route.

You should clarify this in a letter to CIC when you send the documents to them.

Lilycanada

Jul 11, 2012
my parents separated many years ago...but on her application she indicated that she's still married to him thus CIC included him in size of family.

We have a unusuall family circumstances. If my dad is willing to sponsor her in the first place then I wouldn't have to go this route...

So what now - what are my option?

Please help

RedVelvet

Apr 20, 2016
Lilycanada said:
Hi

Please help

CIC sent letter advised that I am not an eligible sponsor because on my mom's application she indicated she's Married and listed my dad as a spouse. Because of this they included him in the undertaking but they shouldn't because I'm not sponsoring him and he's already a canadian citizen. IF they hadn't included him then I would be eligible as a sponsor

My questions are:

How can I convice VO to review this fact?

Will VO go back to CIC and ask them to review the eligibility before refusing the application

I'm so stressed and need help
Hi Lilycanada,

I now have the exact same issue you had in 2012. I don't even know where to start.
Would you be able to share yours? What's the outcome? What did you ended up doing? Did you hire a lawyer?

Thank you!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I think the reason you were ineligible to sponsor your mother is because CIC expects your Canadian father to sponsor your mother for PR sponsorship. You would have been eligible to sponsor your mother had your mother been officially divorced from your father. I may be wrong but I think this is the reasoning behind you being denied to sponsor.

This is the equivalent of you trying to sponsor your sibling under "alone in Canada" clause while your parents are alive.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
screech339 said:
I think the reason you were ineligible to sponsor your mother is because CIC expects your Canadian father to sponsor your mother for PR sponsorship. You would have been eligible to sponsor your mother had your mother been officially divorced from your father. I may be wrong but I think this is the reasoning behind you being denied to sponsor.

This is the equivalent of you trying to sponsor your sibling under "alone in Canada" clause while your parents are alive.
That post was from 2012. She was denied because they included her father in the LICO calculations and she couldn't meet it.

RedVelvet said:
I now have the exact same issue you had in 2012. I don't even know where to start.
Would you be able to share yours? What's the outcome? What did you ended up doing? Did you hire a lawyer?
Your parents need to get divorced. If they are still married, then the other person must still be included in the app and the LICO calculation.