+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in goods to follow list

saimon7777

Oct 10, 2017
Good morning,

My wife and I landed a couple of weeks ago and handed the official our goods to follow list, and B4 form (it has a new form number now), and he checked it and stuck a bar code to the list, sealed all pages and wrote the total on the form and all that.

But now I'm checking the list and found that for some reason Excel (or myself mistakenly) did not add up all cell and there's a big difference in the total, of course all items have their own value, but only the total is wrong.

Is there a way to amend this list or should I just bring my stuff to follow with that list as it is? If so, when I export from my country every box will have the declare value but the total declared value will be different than the "total"in my list. Of course at customs they could always grab my list and add all Items manually and find out the real value but I may think that nobody is going to do that.

I'm just concerned that somebody would think that I'm trying to declare less than the real value (I will declare the correct values at the moment of exportation) or having to pay fees for the difference.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Simon W.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Good morning,

My wife and I landed a couple of weeks ago and handed the official our goods to follow list, and B4 form (it has a new form number now), and he checked it and stuck a bar code to the list, sealed all pages and wrote the total on the form and all that.

But now I'm checking the list and found that for some reason Excel (or myself mistakenly) did not add up all cell and there's a big difference in the total, of course all items have their own value, but only the total is wrong.

Is there a way to amend this list or should I just bring my stuff to follow with that list as it is? If so, when I export from my country every box will have the declare value but the total declared value will be different than the "total"in my list. Of course at customs they could always grab my list and add all Items manually and find out the real value but I may think that nobody is going to do that.

I'm just concerned that somebody would think that I'm trying to declare less than the real value (I will declare the correct values at the moment of exportation) or having to pay fees for the difference.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Simon W.
Take it back to Customs to explain your observation and get the list rectified.

saimon7777

Oct 10, 2017
But would I have to go back to the border? (3 hour drive) or would someplace in a local international airport would suffice?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
But would I have to go back to the border? (3 hour drive) or would someplace in a local international airport would suffice?
Any international airport in Canada is fine.