+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mistake in generic application form

harry86

Aug 20, 2011
hi all
my country of birth is india and by mistake i put it canada...although i put the city and my passport copy....so thy gono return my file or?? im kinda confused wat to do ??

any help is appreciable...
thanks

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
harry86 said:
hi all
my country of birth is india and by mistake i put it canada...although i put the city and my passport copy....so thy gono return my file or?? im kinda confused wat to do ??

any help is appreciable...
thanks
AHHHAHAHAH thats a really funny mistake, there is a 65% chance that they will return it, but if the VO is in his head he would clearly be able to see that your passport is indian and your born in India and thats nothing but a silly mistake, but alotta VO's are very complex and sometimes dont use their common sense.

harry86

Aug 20, 2011
i knw its funny ...bt freakin thing stuck in my head cant sleep lol...nyhow i applied on aug 4, 2011...so whn can i expect my application back ? or is thr ny solution to it ?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
harry86 said:
i knw its funny ...bt freakin thing stuck in my head cant sleep lol...nyhow i applied on aug 4, 2011...so whn can i expect my application back ? or is thr ny solution to it ?
If i was you, i would prolly withdraw the whole application..It really depends how much time you have in your work permit to expire..I would withdraw the application and apply again..But do one thing though, call cic and ask them that you made this mistake and hear their opinion..They will give you a good piece of advise.

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
harry86 said:
I don't see the point of trying to withdraw your application; who knows how long that would take.

I would send them an e-mail and a letter, explaining that you made a mistake filling out the form and wish to correct it. Include your date of birth and Client ID (from your work permit). Maybe even fill out the form again, without the mistake, and include that. That makes it easy for them to be reasonable; all they have to do is throw away the old form and put the new one in your file.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
defenestration said:
I don't see the point of trying to withdraw your application; who knows how long that would take.

I would send them an e-mail and a letter, explaining that you made a mistake filling out the form and wish to correct it. Include your date of birth and Client ID (from your work permit). Maybe even fill out the form again, without the mistake, and include that. That makes it easy for them to be reasonable; all they have to do is throw away the old form and put the new one in your file.
I had an problem with my off campus work permit where I actually filled out a wrong column. When I contacted CIC they told me that they cannot do anything about the applications which are already being submitted.