+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in days accumulator

dulz93

May 2, 2018
Hi,

I have my citizenship test in a week. So just to make sure everything's in order I was going through my days accumulator that I sent them.

I noticed that I've made a couple of mistakes.
1) I wrote an entry date that is actually 3 days prior to when I actually entered Canada.
2) I completely missed out on one of the entry/exit stamps that also decrease's my days by 3 days.

HowvHow, I am well above the requirement of 1065, around 1200+.

I wanted to know what exactly should I do about this? Should I tell the officer abt this prior to my interview with the officer? I'm concerned as I don't want this to cause any delays in my application.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

I have my citizenship test in a week. So just to make sure everything's in order I was going through my days accumulator that I sent them.

I noticed that I've made a couple of mistakes.
1) I wrote an entry date that is actually 3 days prior to when I actually entered Canada.
2) I completely missed out on one of the entry/exit stamps that also decrease's my days by 3 days.

HowvHow, I am well above the requirement of 1065, around 1200+.

I wanted to know what exactly should I do about this? Should I tell the officer abt this prior to my interview with the officer? I'm concerned as I don't want this to cause any delays in my application.
A lot depends on the interview with the IRCC officer at the test. If you are found to have missed days away or supplied incorrect information, you may be asked to provide a completed Residency Questionnaire and you *really* don't want that. It's up to the officer to assess your credibility.
You should probably make corrections to the application before being challenged at the interview, regardless of your buffer zone.

dulz93

May 2, 2018
A lot depends on the interview with the IRCC officer at the test. If you are found to have missed days away or supplied incorrect information, you may be asked to provide a completed Residency Questionnaire and you *really* don't want that. It's up to the officer to assess your credibility.
You should probably make corrections to the application before being challenged at the interview, regardless of your buffer zone.
How do you propose I make corrections considering my test is just a week away?
I was thinking of just telling the officer as soon as I meet him. I mean mistakes happen, they'd understand that I hope.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
How do you propose I make corrections considering my test is just a week away?
I was thinking of just telling the officer as soon as I meet him. I mean mistakes happen, they'd understand that I hope.
The normal way is via a case-specific enquiry. However, time is not on your side. Let's see what others here suggest.