+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in application

Sen_

Jun 20, 2021
Hi everyone!
So last year in June we filed our profile for Federal Skilled Worker program. This application expired this year in June so we had to file it again.
This time when filling in the data, there was a question on whether we applied before and if yes, we had to provide an identification number. The questions said whether we applied for permanent residence before but I misunderstood the question and thought it was about whether we have ever submitted our profile. So I answered "yes" and for the application ID I provided the ID of the previous filing (a number with E--------- format).
We received an ITA last week, so as I was filling in the application I realized I misunderstood the question and I should have answered "no" because we have never applied for permanent residence before.
This answer neither gives nor takes any points but I am worried about what to do. Should I correct the answer now before submitting our application or should I leave it as it is and explain that I misunderstood the question? Will it be considered that I intentionally provided wrong information?
We've been waiting for this ITA for so long. I'm so worried about the impact of this problem on our application. I don't want to screw up.
Please share your thoughts on this.
Thanks in advance!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone!
So last year in June we filed our profile for Federal Skilled Worker program. This application expired this year in June so we had to file it again.
This time when filling in the data, there was a question on whether we applied before and if yes, we had to provide an identification number. The questions said whether we applied for permanent residence before but I misunderstood the question and thought it was about whether we have ever submitted our profile. So I answered "yes" and for the application ID I provided the ID of the previous filing (a number with E--------- format).
We received an ITA last week, so as I was filling in the application I realized I misunderstood the question and I should have answered "no" because we have never applied for permanent residence before.
This answer neither gives nor takes any points but I am worried about what to do. Should I correct the answer now before submitting our application or should I leave it as it is and explain that I misunderstood the question? Will it be considered that I intentionally provided wrong information?
We've been waiting for this ITA for so long. I'm so worried about the impact of this problem on our application. I don't want to screw up.
Please share your thoughts on this.
Thanks in advance!
Provided the answer did not add or will not reduce any points, send explanation as to why you chose yes and you are choosing no this time. it should be fine..Its good to be upfront

Sen_

Jun 20, 2021
Provided the answer did not add or will not reduce any points, send explanation as to why you chose yes and you are choosing no this time. it should be fine..Its good to be upfront
Thanks for advice!
So you mean I should answer "no" this time instead of leaving it as it is? I do believe I should provide a LOE. At which point and how should I do it if I answer "no"?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for advice!
So you mean I should answer "no" this time instead of leaving it as it is? I do believe I should provide a LOE. At which point and how should I do it if I answer "no"?
If the answer is supposed to be "NO" no matter what happened in the past, then put "NO".At the time of submission attach LOE, if this is after then do via webform

Sen_

Jun 20, 2021
If the answer is supposed to be "NO" no matter what happened in the past, then put "NO".At the time of submission attach LOE, if this is after then do via webform
Haven't submitted it yet. Will attach a LOE when I do. Thanks a lot!