+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Residency Questionnaire before citizenship test

anya

May 24, 2012
Hi,I am new in this forum so apologies if I do something wrong.
I have been a PR for over 3.5 years when I applied for my citizenship. Just once I visited my country before applying and deducted that time, so even after that I had completed 1199 days , therefore I applied for citizenship in Sep. 2011.
I was waiting for my test date but I received Residency Quesionnaire instead in May 2012.

I provided all the details etc in my application, mentioned about my leaving the country and have already completed the required # of days for application .....and searching this and other forums I found out everyone received RQ after their test. I am very shocked and worried as well because I have not had my test yet and now this RQ, which does not state any specific reason on the letter(its from Mississauga office). It just states that to assist the judge in determining whether I meet the requirement, I have to fill this RQ.

Has anyone heard a case like this?
Would really appreciate any help.
Thanks

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
Yeah I guess now CIC is giving the RQ before citizenship test as well....BUt y did u get the RQ?? Did u travel to USA after landed in Canada as immigrant??? or wat was the duration of your stay in ur home country????
Regards,
King Maker

anya

May 24, 2012
I did not travel to US and the stay in my country was 21 days.....so I do not understand why I got this RQ?

Just worried as I do not know what could go wrong in my application that would trigger this RQ?

Any updates on similar cases like mine?

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
anya said:
I did not travel to US and the stay in my country was 21 days.....so I do not understand why I got this RQ?

Just worried as I do not know what could go wrong in my application that would trigger this RQ?

Any updates on similar cases like mine?
same with me, I got RQ without having my test yet.. I travelled twice back home, I am wondering why I got this, even I provided all the requirement.. I just checked out my passport, I found out that the customs here in the airport didn't stamp my passport on my second trip... I dunno if this is the reason why I got this.. They never mentioned in my letter the reason why they sent me those questionnaires:(

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
anya said:
Hi,I am new in this forum so apologies if I do something wrong.
I have been a PR for over 3.5 years when I applied for my citizenship. Just once I visited my country before applying and deducted that time, so even after that I had completed 1199 days , therefore I applied for citizenship in Sep. 2011.
I was waiting for my test date but I received Residency Quesionnaire instead in May 2012.

I provided all the details etc in my application, mentioned about my leaving the country and have already completed the required # of days for application .....and searching this and other forums I found out everyone received RQ after their test. I am very shocked and worried as well because I have not had my test yet and now this RQ, which does not state any specific reason on the letter(its from Mississauga office). It just states that to assist the judge in determining whether I meet the requirement, I have to fill this RQ.

Has anyone heard a case like this?
Would really appreciate any help.
Thanks

Hi,

Though I am atleast 2.5 yrs far from applying for citizenship but still trying to get info about all this process.As per my little knowledge I have seen that most of the people got RQs at the time of their tests or after that but I have seen very few cases who got RQ before the test as well ,seems that its a new policy adopted by CIC.In my view there is atleast one good aspect of your case, if you are able to provide all the necessary docs. to CIC in timely manner and able to satisfy your officer ,surely your case will be processed sooner than routine RQ cases which usually last even for years.

All the best!

anya

May 24, 2012
I have some questions:

1-For the trip to my home country do i need to submit CBSA record or its only for those traveling to US?

2-How do I get these CBSA and OHIP records, any link/suggestion would be appreciated.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
anya said:
I have some questions:

1-For the trip to my home country do i need to submit CBSA record or its only for those traveling to US?

2-How do I get these CBSA and OHIP records, any link/suggestion would be appreciated.
Hi,

Well I dont have any personal experience with the following organization but I believe the best way should be to call both these orgs. ,get the required information and then request the records officially through email/online or regular post.Below are the links for contacting CBSA and OHIP.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/menu-eng.html

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/common/default.aspx

Wish u all the best and please do share how your case proceeds in future.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Anya

Yes you need CBSA report
Letter for OHIP record:

Your Name
Your Address
Date

Ministry of Health
Personal Health Information
4th Floor
49 Place D'Armes
P O Box 48
Kingston, ON, K7L 5J3

Dear Sir/Madam,
RE: Request for Personal Health Claim Information
I am requesting a copy of my health claims from XXXX to the present time. My health card number is XXXXXXX and my date of birth is XXXXXXXX.
Please find attached a copy of my health card.
Thank you for your attention,
Your name
Signature
Attached your health card copy and mail them the letter ASAP it takes 3-4 weeks.

For CBSA:
Canada Border Services Agency
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
410 Laurier Avenue West, 11th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0L8

Dear ATIP Coordinator:
Pursuant to the Privacy Act, R.S.C. 1985 c. P-21, i seek access to and copies of traveler history for myself.
I am permanent resident of Canada currently present in Canada. I wish to receive copies of the records and request to examine the information as-is.
To assist with your search for these records, i am providing the following additional information about myself:
Full Name: XXXX
Date Birth: XXX
Country of Citizenship: XX
Travel Document Type: Passport
Travel Document Number: XXX
Permanent Resident ID number: PR Card Number
Please mail my request to my current address:
Your Address
signed: dated:

rainnybob

Jun 13, 2012
Hello Guys !!! I received Resident Questionnaire a week ago. I have to provide documents for 4 years as it says on questionnaire. My question is do I have to provide my bank statements and credit card statements for 4 years? Has anyone submitted so many documents as required or is it something else? Please let me know asap as I am confused. your help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers !!!!

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rainnybob Yes you have to provide all the relevant document for 4 years, i submitted my RQ last week, almost 600 documents
major were credit cards and bank statements

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

Please visit the following link, here many cases like you are discussed in detail:

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9850&PN=5&title=mississauga-rq-before-citizenship-test

rainnybob

Jun 13, 2012
Mary Chad said:
@ rainnybob Yes you have to provide all the relevant document for 4 years, i submitted my RQ last week, almost 600 documents
major were credit cards and bank statements
@MaryChad Thank you for your reply. I am a bit confused regarding the questions on my spouse. I recently got divorced to my wife but in the questionnaire they are asking all the information regarding her studies, citizenship date, work details etc for the same period where I have to provide documents. I had a talk with her about this information but she refuses to give me any details. Now I am wondering what to do as I dont have any of the detailed information. Any suggestions? I thought of writing a letter to CIC about it. Please help. Thanx you once again .....

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rainnybob...Well was she working or studying in 4 year time? Write what you know and for rest just type a letter saying that you are
unable to get information from your ex due to bitter split which is understanable

rainnybob

Jun 13, 2012
Mary Chad said:
@ rainnybob...Well was she working or studying in 4 year time? Write what you know and for rest just type a letter saying that you are
unable to get information from your ex due to bitter split which is understanable
@Mary Chad .. She was working in different jobs... but i dont know if they a letter according to my situation... I hope it goes well and they understand Y I cant provide information on her... Thnx mary .... take care..

ajslp

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Relax everyone! Why is everyone worried about RQ? I understand it will lengthen the application process. But if you have fulfilled your 1095 days and some, there is nothing to worry about. The CIC officers are allowed to issue RQ based on certain guidelines and if they are not 100% sure about something. It just gives an opportunity for Citizenship Judge to verify everything is in order and some one is not trying to cheat the system.

It might get delayed but you will get your citizenship. It is almost impossible to make 100% certain that you don't get RQ. So why fret about something which is not in your control? Just do what is in your control and let it be. If they ask for any information, send all the evidences you have. No one can deny you your citizenship if you have honestly fulfilled all the requirements.