+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

missing stamp

Madane

Oct 3, 2015
Hi guys. I entered Canada in 2013. At the airport, they put the stamp on my study permit.

Today I just flagpoled at the Canadian border for my post graduate work permit and it went smoothly. Thank God. However they took away all my previous documents including the study permit with the stamp on it because basically all I need is my PGWP now. After the flagpole, they stamped on my passport for my entry today on Canada border (October 17th). My question is, is it going to be a problem in the future because I lost 1 stamp?

Thanks before

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
When I re-entered at YUL airport in Montreal, the officer removed my first closed work permit from three years ago, because I had a new closed work permit I was working on at the time. I told him, however, that I was awaiting permanent residency and if it was therefore possible to keep it? He said, "Sure no problem, you never know what they ask for." and I got it back. I had already sent CIC a copy of it with my application, but better have it than not have it.

Are you planning to become a permanent resident? The stamp itself may not be a problem, but sending them a copy of your previous visa / permit when you apply in order to prove your experience might be essential. Always make copies of everything!

Are there any other ways you would be able to prove your experience? It is frustrating, because actually CIC should have it all on file anyway, still they ask to prove it on your side and provide them with all applicable copies of your (travel) documents.

Khan112244

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
april 2014
Passport Req..
15 oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
December 2015
OhWow said:
When I re-entered at YUL airport in Montreal, the officer removed my first closed work permit from three years ago, because I had a new closed work permit I was working on at the time. I told him, however, that I was awaiting permanent residency and if it was therefore possible to keep it? He said, "Sure no problem, you never know what they ask for." and I got it back. I had already sent CIC a copy of it with my application, but better have it than not have it.

Are you planning to become a permanent resident? The stamp itself may not be a problem, but sending them a copy of your previous visa / permit when you apply in order to prove your experience might be essential. Always make copies of everything!

Are there any other ways you would be able to prove your experience? It is frustrating, because actually CIC should have it all on file anyway, still they ask to prove it on your side and provide them with all applicable copies of your (travel) documents.
I do not think it will be a problem. Last time when I entered to Canada, the officer remove my first closed work permit from my passport. I ask him I applied for PR and I may need this in future. He replied me saying I am an immigration officer, you will not need this in future. We have all your record in your 8 digits UCI. He simply remove that work permit and thrash it..

Madane

Oct 3, 2015
Thanks for the reply guys.
I have all copies of my previous documents. I'm just wondering if it will be a problem in the future because they stamped my arrival on one of the study permits instead of my passport. Now that I don't have that anymore, that means I'm missing 1 stamp..