+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed PPR deadline by 5 months.

Christinoa

May 27, 2022
My son (Canadian) and his partner (French) applied for an outland spousal sponsorship in March 2021, from Europe where they are residing.

She did her medical, biometry, paid the fees etc...

They received a PPR letter Dec 2021, asking them for a copy of her passport.

Unfortunat;y they misread the directions and send it online. They did not send it to the nearest Visa Application Center as they were instructed. The deadline was 30 days after the email, they though they had sent the copy to the right place, but today realized it was a mistake. There is no notes in their status update.

The deadline is now 5 months overdue.

They are both coming to Canada June 8th, her as a visitor with a return ticket for Nov.

We are now worried that her application will be denied because of the major delayed and they may need to start from scratch because of it.

They can never reach anyone through the webform, they tried for another issue before and never got a reply from IRCC..

They are going to try to call the nearest VAC tomorrow but are not hopeful.

1. If they send the documents required now with a letter explaining their mistake is there still a chance for her to finish the process?
  2. How can they fix their mistake without being able to reach anyone? They are really distraught.
  3. how long does it usually take to get the COPR after sending the copy of your passport? would it be faster to drop the documents directly to the center rather than sending them by mail?
  4. is the COPR a paper document that you attached to your passport or is it directly linked to your passport? If it is the latter does IRCC update the status online to COPR when it is ready so you know you now have your COPR ready?
  5. If she gets (hopefully) the COPR while she is visiting Canada, how can she let IRCC know that she is already in Canada to receive an invitation for a virtual landing? They may think she is still in France. Is it easier to cross the US border and back?
Thank you very much for your help. I have not seen them for almost 3 years and I am quite worried that the process may be in jeopardy now.