+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed criminal proceeding information in IMM form

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,

Recently I submitted my application to CHC ND. In Schedule 1 Background/Declaration, Point 9, point (i), I misread the line "Subject of any criminal proceedings in any country", as I thought it is talking about at present and put "No", but after reading it again yesterday, before starting of these points it mentions that "Have you, or, if you are principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in canada, ever" and i was involved in one of criminal case way back 6 years, but was acquitted by court.

So, what should i do now ??

Should i send the updated form to CHC or should i send one application letter to CHC with all the details including copy of court order ??

Please share your thoughts.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should send a cover letter and updated form to CHC including copies of court order in my opinion.

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
I think it is human to omit or forget some detail; but it is not right to conceal it even after you realise it. Just send them the details, tell them you mis understood, send them your acquital and it should be fine.

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Ankit and Mirza. I agree that i would send corrected forms and would send copy of court order as well.

Will it affect outcome of my case/application in any way ??