Misrepresentation or Fraud?

EEdreams15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks,

I need help with an issue. So I have had one other position in my company besides the one I current have and I requested my employment letter in hopes that I will be lucky enough to get picked in the first draw. When the letter of employment came back it says that I have been employed since the start as xxxxx(my current position & salary) and it does not mention my previous position. This letter is generated automatically from HR and I am afraid that me modifying it in anyway may constitute as fraud. On the other hand, the omission of my previous position may be seen as misrepresentation. What I have decided to do right now is to use the letter of employment as is and get a reference letter from my manager/supervisor for my current job only. In the reference letter I plan not to mention any start dates but let the letter from HR cover that. If CIC calls then they can verify with HR. The only thing is I recently applied for a TRV (inland) and I mentioned my two positions in that application.

As the first ITA is upon us I am looking for sound advice. I am going crazy and having sleepless night.

Please help! Anybody.

Thank you very much!

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
EEdreams15 said:
Hey folks,

I need help with an issue. So I have had one other position in my company besides the one I current have and I requested my employment letter in hopes that I will be lucky enough to get picked in the first draw. When the letter of employment came back it says that I have been employed since the start as xxxxx(my current position & salary) and it does not mention my previous position. This letter is generated automatically from HR and I am afraid that me modifying it in anyway may constitute as fraud. On the other hand, the omission of my previous position may be seen as misrepresentation. What I have decided to do right now is to use the letter of employment as is and get a reference letter from my manager/supervisor for my current job only. In the reference letter I plan not to mention any start dates but let the letter from HR cover that. If CIC calls then they can verify with HR. The only thing is I recently applied for a TRV (inland) and I mentioned my two positions in that application.

As the first ITA is upon us I am looking for sound advice. I am going crazy and having sleepless night.

Please help! Anybody.

Thank you very much!
are the 2 positions completely different?

EEdreams15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes.

I still help out with my old team but only if I am not busy and if they are swamped.

gmduncanidaho

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2
Doc's Request.
Jan 14 & Jan 24
AOR Received.
Jan 2
Why don't you just contact HR and get a new document with both positions?

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Then why don't you clarify this with company HR. Ask them what was your first position and issue the appropriate letter. Tell them that your first position was such and such, and the letter should reflect that. If there is conflict of positions between two letters, then your troubles may increase. The best is to go talk to HR personally and explain to them what your first position was, and it is different from the current one.

hopeforthebest1

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
Dears
If the HR letter mentioned that someone like programmer was senior programmer in all his working period in company while half of it he was programmer then the other half became senior programmer, is that a fraud or since the letter signed and stamped from the company then it is ok ?

EEdreams15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have tried! It's a really big company and nobody honestly cares. They say that the automatic letter is all I can get. :-\

I am freaking out.

sachinleo80

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
EEdreams15 said:
I have tried! It's a really big company and nobody honestly cares. They say that the automatic letter is all I can get. :-\

I am freaking out.
Alright! My suggestion is to keep the Job position along with the NOC code same as mentioned on your experience certificate. Dont worry my friend :)

EEdreams15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sachinleo80 said:
Alright! My suggestion is to keep the Job position along with the NOC code same as mentioned on your experience certificate. Dont worry my friend :)
That's what I am planning to do. My worry is the TRV application I sent in, it mentions the two jobs. If they cross reference my TRV and PR application (if I am lucky enough to get an ITA) I am afraid I will be in a big mess!

On the other hand, I may not even get an ITA so all my worry will have been for naught...lol.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
EEdreams15 said:
That's what I am planning to do. My worry is the TRV application I sent in, it mentions the two jobs. If they cross reference my TRV and PR application (if I am lucky enough to get an ITA) I am afraid I will be in a big mess!

On the other hand, I may not even get an ITA so all my worry will have been for naught...lol.
Don't have a promotion letter or something in written stating that your position has been changed? If it is a big company, than this one is more easy to solve. How does it matter that this is an automatic letter? Just have them correct the system back-end. The onus is on you. They obviously will reference the TRV application, or anything they have on file from you while issuing PR and doing back-checks.

EEdreams15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEKnowledge said:
Don't have a promotion letter or something in written stating that your position has been changed? If it is a big company, than this one is more easy to solve. How does it matter that this is an automatic letter? Just have them correct the system back-end. The onus is on you. They obviously will reference the TRV application, or anything they have on file from you while issuing PR and doing back-checks.
So I am basically damned if I do not mention my old position (TRV has the info and CIC will find out if they check) and damned if I do mention it because my wonderful HR is not willing to change the norm for little me.

*sigh*

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
EEdreams15 said:
So I am basically damned if I do not mention my old position (TRV has the info and CIC will find out if they check) and damned if I do mention it because my wonderful HR is not willing to change the norm for little me.

*sigh*
Do you not have anything in written from the company referencing your previous position? Or when did you get promoted/transferred to present position?

EEdreams15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEKnowledge said:
Do you not have anything in written from the company referencing your previous position? Or when did you get promoted/transferred to present position?
Can I use my T4s and NOA as proof? I was gonna submit them anyways.

I'll just submit the HR letter I have, employment reference letter for my current job and other supporting documents if I get an ITA.

I have other part - time jobs I am not gonna include (did not include them in my TRV application and got it with no problem) because they were low skilled, I was a FT student (worked off campus and during summer holidays) and I honestly cannot remember all the details.