+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation of marital status and document fraud by my wife

Jan 22, 2023
Dear all,

My wife has forged documents such as a Letter of recommendation, and 2 experience certificates submitted these documents at York University, Canada. She got her 1 year student visa by deceiving the immigration. I got ahold of an email and found all her fake documents. According to one of her document she had shown herself as Unmarried. As per her passport she is unmarried but she did not declare her marital status as married in her visa. She concealed her marital status and I was kept in dark about her plans for Canada. She is currently in Canada. We are not on talking terms.

I have raised this concern with CBSA ( Canadian border service agency ) & IRCC. I have also filed an official complaint with our local police. I have also shared all her fake documents and our marriage certificate as proofs. I have also got a response from director of travellers branch emphasizing the commitment of CBSA & to acknowledge the importance of information that I have provided.

Her visa expires in August 2023. Will she able to extend her student visa or apply for an open work permit, when authorities are aware of her of this immigration fraud?