Minor Child application - Parent name change after citizenship

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi Friends,

I am applying citizenship for my kids. I got my citizenship earlier and child was born in India. My wife is still on PR and will not be applying for citizenship with the kids, she is waiting for some documents.

I have only Last name in my citizenship certificate but I spilt my name by doing a name change in my province. I applied for the passport and there I have both First name and last name.
Now I am filling the form and its asking Parent name and have Parent changed their name.

What should I add as parent name, same as per the citizenship certificate or as per new Canadian passport, I will be uploading the citizenship certificate as part of the kids application.

During my name change, I also did the name change for my wife as she also has only last name in her PR card. She hasn't updated her PR card yet, She has the name change certificate from the province that has first name and last name. Her PR card and Indian passport still has one name only.

The options in the online form are:

Parent name: First Name, Last name.
Have parent changed name ever? If I choose Yes, then under reason I get in option for name change are Name at both, Alias, previous marriage name, no option for legal name change.

Please suggest. Thank you.