+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor Canadian Citizen

BHBIM09

Jan 29, 2011
Hello,

My daughter was born in Canada when both me and wife were permanent residents of Canada.Both me and my wife were present in Canada when she was born.My daughter holds a canadian passport and is a minor.

We are all living outside Canada now.Permanent Resident Status for both me and my wife has expired & both me and my wife are no longer Permanent Residents.Our minor daughter is still a Canadian passport holder living with us outside Canada.

She now wants to travel/study in Canada and maybe live there.Since she is a minor we would like to accompany her to Canada.Can anybody indicate what type of visa me and my wife require to travel to Canada.

If our minor daughter choses to live in Canada , can we stay with her and what will be the status for me and my wife.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you have lost your PR status she will have to sponsor you both once she is 18 years old.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BHBIM09 said:
Hello,

My daughter was born in Canada when both me and wife were permanent residents of Canada.Both me and my wife were present in Canada when she was born.My daughter holds a canadian passport and is a minor.

We are all living outside Canada now.Permanent Resident Status for both me and my wife has expired & both me and my wife are no longer Permanent Residents.Our minor daughter is still a Canadian passport holder living with us outside Canada.

She now wants to travel/study in Canada and maybe live there.Since she is a minor we would like to accompany her to Canada.Can anybody indicate what type of visa me and my wife require to travel to Canada.

If our minor daughter choses to live in Canada , can we stay with her and what will be the status for me and my wife.
1. It is unlikely that you would be issued visitor's visas to accompany your daughter, as it would appear that you no longer have PR status.