+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

minor application, please help

Vancouver2015

May 19, 2015
I have a question regrading submitting application inducements.If family of three (parents and a child) are applying for citizenship, should both parents apply on behalf of their kid? I mean is it necessary to submit two sets of documents for one kid. I have read in some the forum that some applicants have done that. I really appreciate your help.

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no experience on this, but this is my understanding of the process.

You send application as family in one package.

Both parent while filling their application will provide info bout child in column G, also will attach School certificate if applicable. So meaning 2 copies of school certificate one attached with each application.

One application for child, either of the parent can sign the application.

You would not need to 2 sets, as 2 application would mean pay the fees 2 time too, also doesn't make any sense to me of sending duplicate information.

WindsorFeb15Aspirant

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vancouver2015 said:
I have a question regrading submitting application inducements.If family of three (parents and a child) are applying for citizenship, should both parents apply on behalf of their kid? I mean is it necessary to submit two sets of documents for one kid. I have read in some the forum that some applicants have done that. I really appreciate your help.
For family application, you need not send duplicate documents. One set of your kid's documents should be sufficient. That's what I did too. Also any one parent can sign the minor application form.