+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum relationship time of 2 years before marriage to get spouse visa???

Xavier01

Aug 5, 2012
I met my girlfriend in the Philippines about 5 months ago and if all goes well with continued plans to spend more vacation time with her along with possibly doing volunteer work in the Philippines for some months while living with her, I was hoping to get married in another 6 months to bring her to Canada but Ive been told that if we dont have atleast a 2 year relationship history before marriage that our spousal visa will be declined! Can anyone please tell me if this is true? Thank you so much in advance.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Xavier01 said:
I met my girlfriend in the Philippines about 5 months ago and if all goes well with continued plans to spend more vacation time with her along with possibly doing volunteer work in the Philippines for some months while living with her, I was hoping to get married in another 6 months to bring her to Canada but Ive been told that if we dont have atleast a 2 month relationship history before marriage that our spousal visa will be declined! Can anyone please tell me if this is true? Thank you so much in advance.
You already have 5 months together.. then you plan to spend some more time there and get married, it sounds legit to me. By the time you get all the required documents, photos, chat logs, police clearance, medical, your marriage certificate, you will have a long enough relationship history!

Your title says 2 years but your post says 2 months.. I don't think they have a time limit.