+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum Points to get into Express Entry

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
I know the question might not have a straightforward answer, but what is the minimum points that I can be hopeful to get into EE pool with that?

Right now with CLB 8.0, my overall point is 385 and I got the message in my profile that 'We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool.'

But If I get CLB 9.0, my score will become 430.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know the question might not have a straightforward answer, but what is the minimum points that I can be hopeful to get into EE pool with that?

Right now with CLB 8.0, my overall point is 385 and I got the message in my profile that 'We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool.'

Check the link. There maybe some changes in your condition that make you ineligible for all three streams (e.g. you are getting older)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp

Reactions: hamid123456

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
It is not only about CRS. You need to be eligible for FSW by having at least 67 points. Check your points in the link below. If you are below 67, then this is why you are not eligible.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
No, my score was 47. But what does it got to do with Express Entry?!

Check the link. There maybe some changes in your condition that make you ineligible for all three streams (e.g. you are getting older)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp
I calculated my scores using this online tool:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
You need to meet the requirements of one of those three streams to be eligible for Express Entry.
You are sure about that?!

Because I suppose Express Entry is a cmpletely different system and one can get into that with increasing his or her points.

But this Federal Skilled Worker program that you gave me the link is a program that suits only those who have studied or worked in Canada.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Because I suppose Express Entry is a cmpletely different system and one can get into that with increasing his or her points.

But this Federal Skilled Worker program that you gave me the link is a program that suits only those who have studied or worked in Canada.
Read the link I gave you, friend. You can doubt me, but don't doubt CIC website.

Reactions: trivvoxx

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

You must meet the eligibility criteria of the FSW program, the CEC program or the FST program, you can keep on creating profiles but if you're not eligible under any of these programs then your profile will keep on showing ineligible.

If your score is truly 47 under the six selection factors then you do not meet the eligibility criteria of the FSW program.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Express Entry is an umbrella under which there are three streems - Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Skilled Trade.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017

Am sorry but you need to meet the minimum of 67 points under the six selection factor to get eligibility for the EE program. Good luck.

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
Thanks everyone,

So FSW points regarding Education are as below:

Education Maximum 25 points
University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level or equal: 25 points
University degree at the Master’s level or equal OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equal). Occupation related to the degree must be:
  • NOC 2011 Skill Level A, and
  • licensed by a provincial regulatory body
Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy: 23 points

Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal (at least one must be for a program of at least three years): 22 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, or equal: 21 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a two-year program, or equal: 19 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a one-year program, or equal: 15 points
Canadian high school diploma, or equal: 5 points

So from what I see, there's no point if you have Bachelor Degree from an institute outside Canada, right?

In fact, if you dont have a university degree from a Canadian instiute you won't be eligible for Express entry, right? I should totally forget about this program?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Thanks everyone,

So FSW points regarding Education are as below:

Education Maximum 25 points
University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level or equal: 25 points
University degree at the Master’s level or equal OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equal). Occupation related to the degree must be:
  • NOC 2011 Skill Level A, and
  • licensed by a provincial regulatory body
Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy: 23 points

Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal (at least one must be for a program of at least three years): 22 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, or equal: 21 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a two-year program, or equal: 19 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a one-year program, or equal: 15 points
Canadian high school diploma, or equal: 5 points

So from what I see, there's no point if you have Bachelor Degree from an institute outside Canada, right?

In fact, if you dont have a university degree from a Canadian instiute you won't be eligible for Express entry, right? I should totally forget about this program?
That's completely incorrect. You do realise the program was designed to invite people globally to go and make a life in Canada. So if they made Canadian education mandatory no one would be eligible. you've misunderstood pretty much everything about EE . It clearly states in the link given by odinnyugen how foreign education is evaluated.

Anyways Let's start from the top. Give the details about your background and how did u arrive at 47 on the factors eligibility scale?

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
That's completely incorrect. You do realise the program was designed to invite people globally to go and make a life in Canada. So if they made Canadian education mandatory no one would be eligible. you've misunderstood pretty much everything about EE . It clearly states in the link given by odinnyugen how foreign education is evaluated.

Anyways Let's start from the top. Give the details about your background and how did u arrive at 47 on the factors eligibility scale?
Ok, I would definitely appreciate that!

Let's go step by step.

1. Language Skills (Maximum 28 points)

My IELTS scores are L: 8 / R: 8.5 / S: 7.5 / W: 6.5
CLB: 8.0

My points: 20

------------
2. Education (Maximum 25 points)

I have Bachelor of Scinece in Industrial Engineering, but I dont see any points there for BS in foriegn countries

My points: 0

------------
3. Experience ((Maximum 15 points)

I have six years of exerience in Digital Marketing and Ecommerce.

My points: 15

------------
4. Age (Maximum 12 points)

I am 30 years old.

My points: 12

------------
5. Arranged employment in Canada (Maximum 10 points)

I dont have a job offer.

------------
6. Adaptability (Maximum 10 points)

Your spouse or partner’s language level : NO
Your past study in Canada: NO
Your spouse or partner’s past study in Canada: NO
Your past work in Canada: NO
Your spouse or common-law partner’s past work in Canada: NO
Arranged Employment in Canada: NO
Relatives in Canada: NO

------------

So my overall points is: 20 + 15 + 12 = 47

What did I do wrong in my calculations?

cookie.monster

Jul 25, 2017
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2019
LANDED..........
26-06-2019

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
You missed this portion in Education:

If you have foreign education, you must have:

Oh yes, it is 'Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, or equal'

I didnt pay attention to that part! :)

So 21 points here, and my overall score becomes 20 + 15 + 12 + 21 = 68

So why the hell was not I accepted into Express Entry pool when I completed my account there?!

cookie.monster

Jul 25, 2017
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2019
LANDED..........
26-06-2019
Do you have the ECA report?

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017

hello,

If you score 67 points or higher (out of 100), you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker.

more info in this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp