+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum Ielts band

italiarm

Sep 2, 2014
Hii guys, I would like to know which is the minimum band for ielts not for studying, but in case a person wants to immigrate permanently to Canada, like Federal Skilled Workers. I know that in that case you need to pass not the academic but the General Ielts. Thanks in advance!

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Depends on the stream and level of occupation.

Currently:

1) Federal Skilled Worker has a minimum CLB of 7, which is IELTS band 6.0 (no less than 6 on each component).

2) Canadian Experience class has a minimum CLB of:
- 7 for NOCs 0 and A (IELTS GT band 6.0 - and no less than 6 on each component)
- 5 for NOC B (IELTS GT band (IELTS GT band 5.0 - and no less than 5 on each component)

These are thresholds valid up until Dec 31st, 2014. In January 2015 Express Entry comes into play and it's not clear if these thresholds are going to be updated or even if they would count (considering people will "compete" to be selected for immigration, the minimum threshold might not be a good reference of how well you should do on the test).

Cheers,

italiarm said:
Hii guys, I would like to know which is the minimum band for ielts not for studying, but in case a person wants to immigrate permanently to Canada, like Federal Skilled Workers. I know that in that case you need to pass not the academic but the General Ielts. Thanks in advance!