+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Min ponts 886 - No job offer - How to get one then?

DanielCoutinho

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on December 17th
Nomination.....
PER received on January 16th 2015
I saw that the draw happened and it seems the minimum was 886 points. That means that only people with job offer got in.

I have 463 points myself and thought this was pretty good, seems I was wrong.

Sine Job Bank is not working, how does one look for a job? Did the guys that got in have a job offer for sure then?

Any tips on how to get job offer?

Thanks in advance

DanielCoutinho

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on December 17th
Nomination.....
PER received on January 16th 2015
Would anyone care to comment?

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
This is just first draw. We can not make out any decision with only one draw. Now it is just like a waiting game. Let us see what happens, also Canada is not the only country.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
DanielCoutinho said:
I saw that the draw happened and it seems the minimum was 886 points. That means that only people with job offer got in.

I have 463 points myself and thought this was pretty good, seems I was wrong.

Sine Job Bank is not working, how does one look for a job? Did the guys that got in have a job offer for sure then?

Any tips on how to get job offer?

Thanks in advance
The only way anyone had more than 600 points is through a job offer with an LMIA, since the PNP integration isn't really fully up and working yet.

If Job Bank isn't working you'd have to just look at other job boards, but unless your skills are in demand the chances of getting an LMIA are pretty much zero, since an employer would just hire Canadian talent instead.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(1) Canada is also experiencing rise in jobless rate. There's much speculation about local Canadian businessmen not being interested in getting LMIA for their employees. It makes sense. When there's less work and far more amount of labour to fill it up, why get into the hassle of LMIA ?

(2) My first perception about EE was, they want you to;

(a) show them you can succeed in Canada with getting a job or business or doing something, rather than be a burden on their public/social welfare system
(b) spend money from your pocket to hire someone or some company in Canada for $500 to find you a job, or something to do, which gives you the 600 points out of 1200 total

or you could get a job offer, with LMIA approval. Which gives you those points. Yet seems highly unlikely.

At one point in time, they used to call foreign nationals applying for jobs. Now-a-days, they don't consider anyone untill they are inside Canada. For all the jobs I'v applied to in Canada, I have yet to receive my first call or interview call.

Looks like, my perception of EE has held out till the first draw. But there's always hope.

berkek

Dec 4, 2014
A massive drop in oil prices will impact jobless rate in Canada for sure. I am not sure if they would still have the same immigration mandate of 180K+ under FSW. The plan was made while everyone was fat and happy. Hope they don't revert from their original target.

Any ideas if they have changed the total number of expected immigrants?

hariskhan said:
(1) Canada is also experiencing rise in jobless rate. There's much speculation about local Canadian businessmen not being interested in getting LMIA for their employees. It makes sense. When there's less work and far more amount of labour to fill it up, why get into the hassle of LMIA ?

(2) My first perception about EE was, they want you to;

(a) show them you can succeed in Canada with getting a job or business or doing something, rather than be a burden on their public/social welfare system
(b) spend money from your pocket to hire someone or some company in Canada for $500 to find you a job, or something to do, which gives you the 600 points out of 1200 total

or you could get a job offer, with LMIA approval. Which gives you those points. Yet seems highly unlikely.

At one point in time, they used to call foreign nationals applying for jobs. Now-a-days, they don't consider anyone untill they are inside Canada. For all the jobs I'v applied to in Canada, I have yet to receive my first call or interview call.

Looks like, my perception of EE has held out till the first draw. But there's always hope.

mco246

Jan 20, 2015
What do you guys think about flying to Canada on a tourist visa and looking for a job?

Just a thought...

n4mo

Feb 2, 2015
mco246 said:
What do you guys think about flying to Canada on a tourist visa and looking for a job?

Just a thought...
I'm on the same thinking as you are - if the cutoff scores don't go down on the next few draws I might just go there and try my luck. I'll keep you posted and good luck to you..

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
mco246 said:

Just a thought...
That's playing with fire. You'd almost certainly violate the terms of your tourist visa by doing that.