+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Migrating to Canada - Insurance Industry

ANDRE LABEYON

Aug 25, 2014
I am graduate from India and currently working as an Assistant Underwriter in General Insurance and Property Insurance in Dubai. I would appreciate any help, to live and work in canada. Will Arriving in canada on visit visa and then applying for jobs once landed be a good idea ??? What is the possibility of getting any consideration in this sector???

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will need some sort of local training or license as insurance practices are country specific. In Quebec, you need to sit 4 exams, then you apply for internship, after which you get license. I do not believe with tourist visa you can get internship.
There are opportunities in insurance, but this field is regulated and requires licensing. Instead of staying here on a tourist visa, you may consider applying for a short vocational course in insurance (9 months) and come on a student visa.

ANDRE LABEYON said:
I am graduate from India and currently working as an Assistant Underwriter in General Insurance and Property Insurance in Dubai. I would appreciate any help, to live and work in canada. Will Arriving in canada on visit visa and then applying for jobs once landed be a good idea ??? What is the possibility of getting any consideration in this sector???

ANDRE LABEYON

Aug 25, 2014
thanx for the response!!
As you have mentioned about the specific professional qualification , i am aware about the various programs required for the industry. I had plans for CII acertification in insurance granted from the UK, and to which i have learned that it does not hold the value as canada needs a CIP, but this certification is not really a university course so not sure if it would enable me a student visa. Recently i have been trying for a PR i hope i am able to qualify for it under the FSW program. Further i would appreciate if you could enlighten me on the chances of getting an employer to look into my skills while being outside canadaa. any particulqr job side or programs....!!!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most canadian employers only consider canada based candidates with a valid work authorization. If you were plumber or electrician, some remote community in Saskatchewan would have gladly looked into your qualifications even if you were based in the poorest country in the world. But for insurance jobs... Too many canadians willing to work there, so employers have no incentive for foreign workers.
There are college diplomas in insurance and they get you student visa too. Try searching colleges.

ANDRE LABEYON said:
thanx for the response!!
As you have mentioned about the specific professional qualification , i am aware about the various programs required for the industry. I had plans for CII acertification in insurance granted from the UK, and to which i have learned that it does not hold the value as canada needs a CIP, but this certification is not really a university course so not sure if it would enable me a student visa. Recently i have been trying for a PR i hope i am able to qualify for it under the FSW program. Further i would appreciate if you could enlighten me on the chances of getting an employer to look into my skills while being outside canadaa. any particulqr job side or programs....!!!