+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico police certificates: Experiences?

maplesyrup

May 8, 2012
I would like to know what people have experienced getting police certificates from Mexico. In particular, has anyone gone through the CIC in Mexico to obtain the Informe de Datos Registrales?
Thanks

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
hi! are you talking about the state ones or the PGR one. The state ones are pretty easy to get and the federal (PGR) ones seem pretty straightforward as well but take 10 days. You can get all the requirements on the website. They have even opened some offices in other states of mexico in March 2012, so that you don´t have to go all the way to Mexico city for the Informe de Datos registrales.

maplesyrup

May 8, 2012
Nessa said:
hi! are you talking about the state ones or the PGR one. The state ones are pretty easy to get and the federal (PGR) ones seem pretty straightforward as well but take 10 days. You can get all the requirements on the website. They have even opened some offices in other states of mexico in March 2012, so that you don´t have to go all the way to Mexico city for the Informe de Datos registrales.
Hi Nessa,

I sent in a request to the CIC in Mexico City, following the instructions on the CIC website, because I am in the US, not Mexico, I have heard it somehow takes three or more months for the CIC Mexico/PGR to send off the Informe. I don't need state ones, as I only lived in Mexico City. Hey, where are those other offices you mentioned?

Thanks

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maplesyrup said:
Hi Nessa,

I sent in a request to the CIC in Mexico City, following the instructions on the CIC website, because I am in the US, not Mexico, I have heard it somehow takes three or more months for the CIC Mexico/PGR to send off the Informe. I don't need state ones, as I only lived in Mexico City. Hey, where are those other offices you mentioned?

Thanks
If you live abroad, you do need the informe de datos registrales (not the antecedentes no penales). Unfortunately, once the Embassy started processing them, a few folks reported that they got the antecedentes and it wasn't accepted :(. The informe takes 10 days to be processed at the PGR but it wouldn't surprise me if other Embassy batch-processes them.

Nonetheless, to answer your other question:
"La solicitud podrá efectuarse también ahora en las delegaciones estatales de la PGR en Aguascalientes, Chihuahua, Estado de México, Jalisco, Michoacán, Nuevo León, Puebla, Querétaro, Veracruz, Yucatán y Zacatecas.
El Acuerdo dispone que a partir del 1 de agosto este trámite se amplíe a Baja California, Baja California Sur, Campeche, Coahuila, Colima, Chiapas, Durango, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Morelos, Nayarit, Oaxaca, Quintana Roo, San Luis Potosí, Sinaloa, Sonora, Tabasco, Tamaulipas y Tlaxcala."

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
OhCanadiana said:
If you live abroad, you do need the informe de datos registrales (not the antecedentes no penales). Unfortunately, once the Embassy started processing them, a few folks reported that they got the antecedentes and it wasn't accepted :(. The informe takes 10 days to be processed at the PGR but it wouldn't surprise me if other Embassy batch-processes them.

Would that also apply to my SO who is here in Canada with me visiting, but has lived in Mexico his entire life?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
Would that also apply to my SO who is here in Canada with me visiting, but has lived in Mexico his entire life?
If he has family in Mexico willing to run around for him, you may be very lucky! The Embassies and Consulates of Mexico in Canada have been willing to give letters to folks requesting the antecedentes de no registro and help Mexicans in Canada process a carta poder so someone in Mexico can process the document on your behalf (he'd have to go in person to the Embassy/Consulate to make the request but IIRC you're in Toronto so it should be do-able :)) - you send that letter, the power of attorney, along with the prints and the other requirements to his family/friend in Mexico. They process it for you, pick it up 10 days later and drop it off at the Canadian Embassy in Mexico (hopefully after making a copy!). Ta-da .... you skip the entire process later :) :) :)

JORGER

May 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
cppO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-04-2014
I try to got it from Nuevo Leon a couple of months ago and they said it has to be done at DF. It took 7 days to get it from them, all you need is a letter from the mexican consulate to the "director de procesos judiciales federales" and send "carta poder simple" to whom is going to represent you, the consulate will certificate a copy of your passport so you dont have to send the original, the rest of the requirements are at the PGR's web page.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
OhCanadiana said:
If he has family in Mexico willing to run around for him, you may be very lucky! The Embassies and Consulates of Mexico in Canada have been willing to give letters to folks requesting the antecedentes de no registro and help Mexicans in Canada process a carta poder so someone in Mexico can process the document on your behalf (he'd have to go in person to the Embassy/Consulate to make the request but IIRC you're in Toronto so it should be do-able :)) - you send that letter, the power of attorney, along with the prints and the other requirements to his family/friend in Mexico. They process it for you, pick it up 10 days later and drop it off at the Canadian Embassy in Mexico (hopefully after making a copy!). Ta-da .... you skip the entire process later :) :) :)
Thanks for the info! Thats what we had plans to do :) what I meant was, do you think they will ask him in our case for the antecedentes or the informe de datos registrales since he is visiting me in Canada while we wait out PR? Also, which one is easier to get? thanks a bunch, OhCanadiana, you are always such a help!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
Thanks for the info! Thats what we had plans to do :) what I meant was, do you think they will ask him in our case for the antecedentes or the informe de datos registrales since he is visiting me in Canada while we wait out PR? Also, which one is easier to get? thanks a bunch, OhCanadiana, you are always such a help!
The Embassies just do the antecedentes (not the informe) so you don't have a choice. Good news is that given that he still officially lives in Mex and is just visiting Canada that makes sense to get in your case.

And, thanks :)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
OhCanadiana said:
The Embassies just do the antecedentes (not the informe) so you don't have a choice. Good news is that given that he still officially lives in Mex and is just visiting Canada that makes sense to get in your case.

And, thanks :)
Great thanks a bunch, now the other info you gave me is really useful!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
what is the difference between the antecedentes and the informe?

I thought I read somewhere that they changed the name from antecedentes to informe?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nessa said:
what is the difference between the antecedentes and the informe?

I thought I read somewhere that they changed the name from antecedentes to informe?
You get certificado de antecedentes registrales if you live in Mexico (sometimes referred to as constancia de antecedentes registrales) and informe de datos registrales if you live abroad.

"Federal police certificates must be from the Procuraduría General de la República (PGR). Depending on your situation, the PGR issues two kinds of certificates:

If you live in Mexico

The federal police certificate you need is called the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales.
While your application is being processed, the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City will give you instructions to obtain the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales.

If you live outside Mexico

The federal police certificate you will need is called the Informe de datos registrales. You must follow specific instructions to get this form."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
OhCanadiana said:
You get certificado de antecedentes registrales if you live in Mexico (sometimes referred to as constancia de antecedentes registrales) and informe de datos registrales if you live abroad.

"Federal police certificates must be from the Procuraduría General de la República (PGR). Depending on your situation, the PGR issues two kinds of certificates:

If you live in Mexico

The federal police certificate you need is called the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales.
While your application is being processed, the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City will give you instructions to obtain the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales.

If you live outside Mexico

The federal police certificate you will need is called the Informe de datos registrales. You must follow specific instructions to get this form."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp
Thanks OhCanadiana! Do you know if we can get the constancia from one of the state PGR offices or do we have to go to Mexico city then? (We live in Veraacruz)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nessa said:
Thanks OhCanadiana! Do you know if we can get the constancia from one of the state PGR offices or do we have to go to Mexico city then? (We live in Veraacruz)
Veracruz is doing them now too! They were in the first wave of states that started doing them locally in March :)

See - http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/835398.html

R

robrod

It's interesting to see how things change from time to time at CIC.
I applied inland in 2009 and only had the state police certificate with me that I had brought from Mexico anticipating the situation. No federal one. One day Vegreville instructed me to have my fingerprints taken and sent to them so that they could obtain the federal one for me at no charge!. It "only" took about a month for them to get it, according to my estimations... The good ol' days are gone, unfortunately but it's great to know now you can get it all over Mexico and not having to go to Mexico City only.