+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexican police certificate (non-Mexican) - How to upload the proof of request?

CruiseControl

Apr 28, 2016
Hi there! I've recently received the request from the CIC to provide them the police certificate from Mexico for my wife. She's not Mexican, but lived there for one year, so it's something necessary.

We've gone through the request process (fingerprint collection, photos, sending the request to the Canadian Embassy on Mexico), and now, if I understand correctly, I need to upload the proof that we sent the request via mail. I already have the proof with me (and the embassy has received the document, so I have the proof of delivery as well), but when I go to the CIC website to upload the documents, I am presented with a page asking for some things that I don't have: a "Document number", "Issue date" and "Expiry date".

I understand this is the default page showed when you are about to submit a police certificate, but the Mexican one is more difficult to obtain and can take more than 60 days to be issued (the deadline the CIC gave me).

Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks!

milococo

Apr 7, 2017
Hello, the same thing is happening to me. Did you found out a way to upload the proof of request?
Thank you.