+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexican in Canada - Where do I get my visa stamping completed?

Apr 30, 2024
I am Mexican. I was in Canada while I applied for my work permit, and it was approved on April 19th and sent to my address in Canada. I haven't been back to Mexico in almost two years and I want to go see my family. I had an eTA, but this was cancelled as of February 29th, 2024 due to the new visa rules for Mexico. My work permit application was pending during that time. I understand that I would normally receive a letter requesting my passport for submission to be stamped at the Visa Centre in Mexico City. However, I'm in Canada already, so how does the process work? Will I still receive a letter requesting my visa? Or, do I have to take it somewhere else. Any support would be greatly appreciated!

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I am Mexican. I was in Canada while I applied for my work permit, and it was approved on April 19th and sent to my address in Canada. I haven't been back to Mexico in almost two years and I want to go see my family. I had an eTA, but this was cancelled as of February 29th, 2024 due to the new visa rules for Mexico. My work permit application was pending during that time. I understand that I would normally receive a letter requesting my passport for submission to be stamped at the Visa Centre in Mexico City. However, I'm in Canada already, so how does the process work? Will I still receive a letter requesting my visa? Or, do I have to take it somewhere else. Any support would be greatly appreciated!
Have you applied for TRV after you received your work permit? And your TRV application has been approved?

Apr 30, 2024
Have you applied for TRV after you received your work permit? And your TRV application has been approved?
So, on the IRCC page about the visa changes it states the following (link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/eta-work-visa-mexico.html)

Your application for a work or study permit was in progress before February 29, 2024
  • If we approve your work or study permit application, we’ll automatically issue you a visitor visa (you don’t need to apply separately for a visa).
  • We will request your passport so that we can affix the visa counterfoil (sticker) into your passport, so you can travel to Canada.
My confusion is about the passport request, cause I’m already in Canada. It says the TVA will be automatically issued, but I don’t know if there will be a letter still sent to me within Canada. Also there aren’t Visa Centres here, are there?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
So, on the IRCC page about the visa changes it states the following (link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/eta-work-visa-mexico.html)

Your application for a work or study permit was in progress before February 29, 2024
  • If we approve your work or study permit application, we’ll automatically issue you a visitor visa (you don’t need to apply separately for a visa).
  • We will request your passport so that we can affix the visa counterfoil (sticker) into your passport, so you can travel to Canada.
My confusion is about the passport request, cause I’m already in Canada. It says the TVA will be automatically issued, but I don’t know if there will be a letter still sent to me within Canada. Also there aren’t Visa Centres here, are there?
But this is for Your application for a work or study permit was in progress before February 29, 2024 / If you’re outside Canada.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

You should contact them via webform. There is processing centre in Ottawa. They do stamp you visa.

Apr 30, 2024
But this is for Your application for a work or study permit was in progress before February 29, 2024 / If you’re outside Canada.
If you’re inside Canada
You’re applying for a new work or study permit
  • Eligibility requirements to apply for a new work or study permit in Canada have not changed.
  • Most people are automatically issued a visitor visa when we approve their application. You don’t need to apply for a visa separately
Okay, wrong section was copied my apologies - in this case then, will I receive some kind of correspondence about my visitor visa?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
If you’re inside Canada
You’re applying for a new work or study permit
  • Eligibility requirements to apply for a new work or study permit in Canada have not changed.
  • Most people are automatically issued a visitor visa when we approve their application. You don’t need to apply for a visa separately
Okay, wrong section was copied my apologies - in this case then, will I receive some kind of correspondence about my visitor visa?
Looks like your wp just approved recently. If you would like to wait for a letter you can. But you can also send a webform.