+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University or University of Saskatchewan for Masters in Computer Scie

justin777

Oct 13, 2015
Hey Guys, I need your input on this one I have not been to Canada so I am not sure what to pick.

A bit background of mine, I am from the Philippines. I graduated as BS Computer Science Major in Network Engineering
My goals in Canada is to study for my masters, and work as professional and hopefully become a perm resident

My grades are not that good I could say satisfactory so that means I can't get scholarships or stipend for my education

I also do not have that much money that is why I came up with that 2 university cause in my 1 week of research I found that this 2 University
has good Tuition Fees for International Student Annually:
Memorial University: around C$4.5k(C$3.6k tuition + misc. based on MinimumExpense.pdf they provide)
University of Saskatchewan: around C$6.5k (C$5.7k tuition + misc. based on their website)

In my previous post, I was told that Memorial University professors are kinda incompetent but that is coming from a undergraduate study for Computer Science, I am not sure for other Masters. Also the weather is bad since I guess its on North Canada and the opportunity for Computer Science is kinda slim since its a small town.
BUT
I think they have the best ROI (Return of Investment) since they have the least living cost, tuition fee and since its a small town they have a good immigration support (based on what I read from some people in this forum and google)

For University of Saskatchewan aside from its hard to pronounce I only research that it has also good immigration support, its near Manitoba so the weather is not that bad. I am not sure with the opportunities for Computer Science but it has more job openings compare to MUN.(Compared to CanadaJobs)

I also plan to work part time and if possible full time (I can do this if its on campus I think)
I have a relative in Mississauga and as much they can offer me a place to live in, is their a good University for Computer Science that would not kill my budget since UoT cost around C$20k a year so that is a big NO

m0zeid

Jul 26, 2015
Hello all,

I had to bump this since I'm in the very same boad.

BSc. in Telecom and Networking Systems
have relatives in Mississauga and Toronto
Don't have much money, looking for a cheap one
UoS caught my eyes lately
want to continue for a master in a related field
want to work, settle, and stay in canada as a PR

so any thoughts about University of Saskatchewan?
How much does it really cost?
Aren't there any hidden fees? it's only around C$6.5k as mentioned???