+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Meeting requirements for Arranged Employment - at ITA or at eAPR?

ne2ca

Jul 5, 2023
Hello,

I have a question on meeting requirements for arranged employment and the CRS points from it.

I have an offer and am working full time on a closed WP. However, the requirement of 12 months is where I need some clarity.

I will be completing 12 calendar months in Canada mid-August, but I took a couple of trips outside the country for a total of 6 weeks during that period. So I understand that I need to add those 6 weeks (minus 2 for vacation) to my total time in Canada to meet the 12 month requirement and that's fine. So I will complete 12 months actual by mid-September.

My question though is can I claim the 50 points on my Express Entry profile starting mid-July so that if I do receive an invite anytime after that, I will have at least until mid-September or beyond to actually submit the eAPR, by which time I would have completed the actual 12 months.

The reason I'm struggling with this is that, as luck would have it, my birthday falls in mid-September and I will lose 10 points then. So I'm hoping that I can claim the arranged employment points starting mid-July so I have 2 months with the full points (which would be 483, a decent shot with the just introduced category based draws).

As per the Express Entry regulations, my understanding is that you need to meet the MEC as of ITA and be able to prove any other requirements for other CRS points claimed as of eAPR.

Appreciate any responses from people who may have dealt with a similar situation.