+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals - Scoliosis surgery

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
My spouse had a scoliosis correction surgery (with Titanium rods) done 12 years back and there is no impact due to it in her daily routine.
1) Will this have any impact on the medicals after submitting outland application?
2) I am sure the Titanium rods will be noticed during her medicals, Should this be disclosed before or only answered if the panel physician asks ?
3) Should we have any specific note from her doctor who performed the surgery to submit to the panel physician ?
4) Since the surgery was to correct the Scoliosis, have not mentioned of any medical condition in the PR application, Will this be an issue ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My spouse had a scoliosis correction surgery (with Titanium rods) done 12 years back and there is no impact due to it in her daily routine.
1) Will this have any impact on the medicals after submitting outland application?
2) I am sure the Titanium rods will be noticed during her medicals, Should this be disclosed before or only answered if the panel physician asks ?
3) Should we have any specific note from her doctor who performed the surgery to submit to the panel physician ?
4) Since the surgery was to correct the Scoliosis, have not mentioned of any medical condition in the PR application, Will this be an issue ?
1. No.
2. Absolutely mention it, why lie.
3. No it is a known, common surgery.
4. Not sure why she needed to hide it. It will come up in the panel exam.

Reactions: Shiv_CR7 and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
1) No
2) You have to mention it. Otherwise, it will be considered misrepresentation
3) Just put the surgery date and name of the procedure down.
4) No. FYI for spousal sponsorship, excessive medical demand is NOT being considered as an issue. Spousal sponsorship will be approved regardless of spouse's medical condition unless it causes danger to public health (which most cases will be treated and then approved after treatment) .

Reactions: Shiv_CR7