+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical

kt2701

Mar 20, 2024
Today, I attended my spouse visa medical appointment. In 2017, I had tuberculosis (TB), which left traces visible in my recent X-ray. The hospital recommended a sputum test tomorrow. If it comes back negative, they require another X-ray, but the staff mentioned this can only happen after a three-month wait. I'm confused about why I have to wait three months if the sputum test is negative.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Today, I attended my spouse visa medical appointment. In 2017, I had tuberculosis (TB), which left traces visible in my recent X-ray. The hospital recommended a sputum test tomorrow. If it comes back negative, they require another X-ray, but the staff mentioned this can only happen after a three-month wait. I'm confused about why I have to wait three months if the sputum test is negative.
The sputum test will take around 2 months it isn’t a test where you get immediate results like some other swabs. It needs to be left to potentially grow. The repeat x-ray is done at around 3 months after the culture has been left to grow for months and results have been obtained.

kt2701

Mar 20, 2024
But my initial report is negative. If there is anything needed to be cured will they say from their side or I will have to get treatment from my family doctor