+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Test Require for PR

Lara123

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Hi Team,

I have been diagnosed to have PTB in 2014 and got completely treated for 6 months and I dont have TB anymore.Also When I go for X-ray Tests,the Scar is not showing up any more.There is no scar on the Lungs in X-rays.

In 2016 I have applied for WOrk Permit and during the Medical tests for WOrk Permit I had disclosed to the Panel Physician that I had undergine TB Treatment and gave him my TB Treatment Certificate from my Doctor.
He has kept the Certificate in the Medical Records for my Work Permit.

I have Received my WOrk Permit with out any Medical Sueveillance that time

Now I have applied my Express entry and I have to under go Medical Exam Again for my PR.I took my X-ray again and there is no Scar as uaual. Could you please guide me should I disclose the details again even though there in no Scar on the Lungs.

Im bit confused.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi Team,

I have been diagnosed to have PTB in 2014 and got completely treated for 6 months and I dont have TB anymore.Also When I go for X-ray Tests,the Scar is not showing up any more.There is no scar on the Lungs in X-rays.

In 2016 I have applied for WOrk Permit and during the Medical tests for WOrk Permit I had disclosed to the Panel Physician that I had undergine TB Treatment and gave him my TB Treatment Certificate from my Doctor.
He has kept the Certificate in the Medical Records for my Work Permit.

I have Received my WOrk Permit with out any Medical Sueveillance that time

Now I have applied my Express entry and I have to under go Medical Exam Again for my PR.I took my X-ray again and there is no Scar as uaual. Could you please guide me should I disclose the details again even though there in no Scar on the Lungs.

Im bit confused.
Yes you will be asked if you have had TB before, you should answer yes to that question and bring your old reports with you. Dont worry, if latest results are good, it will not be an issue even if you have had it before,

Lara123

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Thanks a lot for your reply
My Results always shows negative during my all the x Ray examinations without any scar.I am not sure why I had not received medical suvellience earlier for my work permit is there any diff between work permit and PR medical eveluation?
Kindly assist

Kajal rana

Nov 1, 2022
I have same question
I had Tb in past 2018 and at that time all test were done and medical was passed for study visa

Now i invited for PR and did my medical exam again and yes i told panel physician that I had TB hsitory.

They took my xray and blood test and did extra test IGRA as well.

The doctor booked a on call appointment with me tomorrow for 10 minutes to discuss something before submitting the medical results to IRCC

i am worried what could be it ? As my test are always clear and normal since when i was in india

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have same question
I had Tb in past 2018 and at that time all test were done and medical was passed for study visa

Now i invited for PR and did my medical exam again and yes i told panel physician that I had TB hsitory.

They took my xray and blood test and did extra test IGRA as well.

The doctor booked a on call appointment with me tomorrow for 10 minutes to discuss something before submitting the medical results to IRCC

i am worried what could be it ? As my test are always clear and normal since when i was in india
You had done the right thing by disclosing your medical history. I assume you might be done with the call.
Doesn't matter the previous reports, you will be assessed now and hence the outcome.