+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical related query- seniors , friends , please advise ...

kash0081

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hello friends,

I had discussed this question earlier but want your advice again as now I have to make a decision.

I applied with an AEO at the London office and my case began procession according to ECAS on 12th Feb 2009. I haven’t heard any thing from then yet after that.

As mentioned earlier, I am an obese person, my blood sugar levels are high and I have early diabetes as well as little high blood pressure. As of now I don’t have any other ailment and everything is just fine.

My doctor has advised me to go for the Weight loss surgery (Gastric bypass); he suggests that as I am young and my BMI (body mass index) is high I am a valid candidate for the surgery. He also suggests that the surgery is the only option left for me to loose weight and lead a healthy life ahead.

He suggests that however now I am ok, but in the near future I might be getting a lot of diseases due to my weight and the surgery is a necessity for me. It is an elective procedure.

He has suggested that with in 2 months of my surgery I will have reversed the diabetes and blood pressure and start losing weight and will become healthier. There are many cases to prove it, and I have done my research as well and am inclined towards getting it done.

However this immigration process and medicals I what is causing concern.

There are two scenarios.

1. I don’t do the surgery until immigration is completed. - In this case I will be a candidate with diabetes, and High Blood pressure (both mild) and a very high BMI.

2. I do the surgery before the medicals are requested. - I will be a candidate with no or very less diabetes and normal or very mildly high blood pressure, lesser BMI and on track to a healthier life. But will have gone through a MAJOR SURGERY.

I need your advice which of these scenarios is better for immigration.
Will having a major surgery done Jeopardize my chances for immigrating to Canada?

Would I be a better candidate for immigration in the 1st or the 2nd scenario?

I wouldn't mind waiting until the medical if my current condition is not a problem , but the time line as we all know for the process is very uncertain.

Please friends and seniors I need your expert opinion on this, as immigration to me is as important as my health and vice-versa.

Waiting for your advice.

Thanks and best regards.

Kash.

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Based on what I have read in the forum, only the health condition which may cause strain on canadian health services may attract rejection. In your case I do not think diabetis and mild blood pressure will attract rejection. Suggest you also go through message on forum related to medical. If you have opted to get the surgery done, it may be a better idea to get it done before medicals for canada immigration.

kash0081

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
thanks babutv

sorry for delay in acknowledging in your replies.

Thanks a million for your advice.

i too fell i should get the surgery done as it is good for my health and i am sure by the time my medical requests arrive i will be a better candidate with better health factors.... as i am sure it might will be a few months before my medical requests as it has just been 3 months since my application with and AEO at london.

thanks a lot again,
best regards,
kash.