+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical insurance or travel insurance

lina94

Feb 24, 2017
I will be applying for a study permit after getting accepted in a designated school in Ontario but it doesn't include insurance .
Now I am thinking i should get insurance to improve my chances of getting the visa
.. I found Canadian private insurance companies online offering insurance for emergency only.. Also i can get a travel insurance from my home country that also includes emergency medical insurance ,since the travel insurance in my country is more affordable i am thinking of getting it since the coverage is almost the same .. Will this be okay ?

Aug 28, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
BUSINESS
I will be applying for a study permit after getting accepted in a designated school in Ontario but it doesn't include insurance .
Now I am thinking i should get insurance to improve my chances of getting the visa
.. I found Canadian private insurance companies online offering insurance for emergency only.. Also i can get a travel insurance from my home country that also includes emergency medical insurance ,since the travel insurance in my country is more affordable i am thinking of getting it since the coverage is almost the same .. Will this be okay ?
Major medical health insurance would typically be more suitable if you are looking to become a long term expat but aren't looking to immigrate to Canada. In Ontario for example, you will eventually become covered by OHIP if you immigrate. Major medical is much more expensive and has waiting periods on many preventative medical services. Furthermore, major medical policies can be more restrictive and pre-existing conditions are more difficult to get covered.