+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical/Healthcare services for Parents (visitor visa)

Aradhana Adhvaryu

Mar 28, 2018
Hi There,

Recently I became Canadian citizen and I would like to have my parents to stay for long with me. They are from India and I would like to know what are the services or options available to cover their medical services? I am looking for something that will cover their entire medical services and available for 24x7x365. if I pam not wrong, there are senior citizen homes and some basic healthcare services available for them in the home.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi There,

Recently I became Canadian citizen and I would like to have my parents to stay for long with me. They are from India and I would like to know what are the services or options available to cover their medical services? I am looking for something that will cover their entire medical services and available for 24x7x365. if I pam not wrong, there are senior citizen homes and some basic healthcare services available for them in the home.

Thank you!
So they apply for a supervisa if you meet LICO, pass the medical and show a year of health insurance. Need to shop around. They are not eligible for provincial healthcare care so they pay out of pocket. In home services they will pay out of pocket. Some retirement homes require you to be PR or citizen.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi There,

Thank you!
You being a Canadian citizen have nothing to do with your parents having government covered medical serivces. If they are not PR or citizen of Canada, they have zero coverage. All healthcare service are either not available or need to be paid out of your pocket.

As suggested, you can apply super visa for them. But to get approval, you need to purchase medical insurance to cover their emergency medical care. (those do not cover regular check up, medication, nor further care after emergency concern has been addressed)

You could check to see if any private senior homes will take non-residents and not sure how much is the cost.
(Years ago, we enquired one near by my parents' home and they qouted $8000 per month not including any additional medical costs. And my parents are Canadian citizens)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi There,

Thank you!
You have to arrange for private insurance or pay out of pocket yourself. Nothing will be covered by Canada or the provincial system.