+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for supervisa/ parkinson’s disease

BlaireVictor

Nov 27, 2018
Hello! Can anyone here enlighten me please.

I applied for the regular temporary resident visa for my parents but then the embassy emailed me that theyvrequire medical for a supervisa, my only concern is that my father has Parkinson’s disease, will this affect his medical evaluation?

Thanks and i hope somebody can give me advise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello! Can anyone here enlighten me please.

I applied for the regular temporary resident visa for my parents but then the embassy emailed me that theyvrequire medical for a supervisa, my only concern is that my father has Parkinson’s disease, will this affect his medical evaluation?

Thanks and i hope somebody can give me advise.
Did the visa office actually suggest applying for super visas instead of their current TRV applications?

Or did the visa office request them to give their medical examinations for their TRV apps?

BlaireVictor

Nov 27, 2018
Iwas actually surprised that a medical request for a supervisa was requested based on the letter from the embassy. They are also requiring for an insurance for a year.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Iwas actually surprised that a medical request for a supervisa was requested based on the letter from the embassy. They are also requiring for an insurance for a year.
It's still not clear.

Did your parents apply for a stay of more than 6 months or less than 6 months?

BlaireVictor

Nov 27, 2018
No, based on the letter of invitation that i sent, we only requested for a 3 months stay, as my mother is still working.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No, based on the letter of invitation that i sent, we only requested for a 3 months stay, as my mother is still working.
In that case, the visa office has requested for your parents to give their medicals for their TRVs. They must complete this within 30 days of the request. This request was probably because the visa office believes your parents might need medical care which should be covered through insurance.

The symptoms of Parkinson's disease will immediately show up during the medicals. How it would affect your dad's medicals will depend on the stage of Parkinson's disease.

On a separate note:
1. Do you meet LICO?

2. Are you eligible to host your parents on super visas?

BlaireVictor

Nov 27, 2018
Thanks and we are keeping our hopes up.

I think the reason they are giving them supervisa is because we have provided our notice of assessment, I think our income as a family meets the eligibility.

Parkinson’s stage is still stable though syiu he really cannot hide the tremors.

The major concern is the how the Parkinson’s will affect the physician’s assessment. I am
Just so worried.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think the reason they are giving them supervisa is because we have provided our notice of assessment, I think our income as a family meets the eligibility.
If you have not applied for their super visas then it is unlikely that the visa office will consider a change in the visa category without your request. Also, a stay of three months is normally not considered for super visa processing.

Nonetheless, do check if you meet LICO to host them:
1. LICO for 5 persons (you + your spouse + your daughter + your parents): CAD 52,583 (Assuming you have not sponsored any other family member).

Or, is it LICO for 4 persons in your case?

2. Your bank balance and employment are stable i.e. indicates stable finances for financially supporting your parents' stay.

Parkinson’s stage is still stable though syiu he really cannot hide the tremors.

The major concern is the how the Parkinson’s will affect the physician’s assessment. I am
Just so worried.
You need to go with the flow. Do take matters as they come. If your dad's condition is in the first stages of Parkinson's disease then there's a pretty good chance that he will pass the medicals.

I would do this:
1. Do check if his condition will be covered by insurance (BTW Canadian insurance companies), and

2. Either do the medicals right away based on the IRCC medical requests.... or first do the medicals at a panel physician to confirm there are no other related medical conditions before your dad does the actual medicals. Do keep the deadline in mind

Some parent applicants had far more serious medical conditions and yet passed the medicals. Don't worry :)

BlaireVictor

Nov 27, 2018
I did not request for a supervisa but to quote the letter

“Supervisa medical insurance: proof of medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company, valid for a minimum of one year... “

Insurance will
Only cover if medical situation linking to Parkinson’s will happen.

Should I inquire why they are asking for a medical for supervisa when I only applied for the regular TRV?

Thank you so much for answering all my questions.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

“Supervisa medical insurance: proof of medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company, valid for a minimum of one year... “
We have not come across a similar case like this one. Hopefully, they will be granted super visas.

Insurance will
Okay.

Should I inquire why they are asking for a medical for supervisa when I only applied for the regular TRV?
No, don't ask. Do get the insurance coverage + the medicals done asap

Medicos1980

Jun 16, 2019
Dear friend
I was following your thread.
I am having similar problem. My father has parkinsons. I am worried if i apply for his super visa ,it might get rejected
What was outcome of your case.please
Advise

Insurance will

Thank you so much for answering all my questions.

JesuS-LorD

Sep 8, 2023
Asking a question from over 3 years ago and OP hasn’t been on since then. Your father has to pass the medical so you will not know until he has it.
LOL ! Better to ask then not to! I have a citizenship now and a Canadian PhD just because I asked questions 5 years ago.