+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical expired, Counterfoil invalid

DC94

Jul 10, 2021
Redid my medical on 5th July after it got expired on June 10th. How long does it take for IRCC to change the visa to valid? Have to fly around 14th August in order to attend Fall Session. Kindly advise

JkAery

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
Same case !!

My medical expired on 29th June. I re-did medical on 9th July. Visa status INVALID.

Hope they update with in a month

Reactions: DC94

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Redid my medical on 5th July after it got expired on June 10th. How long does it take for IRCC to change the visa to valid? Have to fly around 14th August in order to attend Fall Session. Kindly advise
Hey did it got updated?
What is the current status as I am also planning to travel in the coming days and my status shows invalid? (I raised the webform twice) , the Last email I got was your document is forwarded to the concerned department.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hey did it got updated?
What is the current status as I am also planning to travel in the coming days and my status shows invalid? (I raised the webform twice) , the Last email I got was your document is forwarded to the concerned department.
You cannot travel with an invalid counterfoil.

DC94

Jul 10, 2021
Hey did it got updated?
No mine didn't get updated as well. I tried emailing the high commission but no luck. Keep us posted

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
You cannot travel with an invalid counterfoil.
But one of the student successfully travelled to Canada I'll share a copy of his text. From similar threads, I got this reply of one of the international student ( I would have shared the pic of this text but I don't know kow to share the pic on this thread so just texting what he has written.

" His Medical was expiring on 26 June repeated his IM on 8 May. On 6th July his status went invalid, he called IRCC agents for why this happened. They said IRCC recieved his new medical on 17 May but it has not been updated yet. He decided to travel via Serbia route with GCKay showing status invalid reached out to his panel physicians and asked for a copy of his medical

He reached Canada on 18th July. No one objected to him apart from the CBSA's. He explained his case to CESA's and they said if he had the copy of new immigration medical he'll be issued with full-length SP , otherwise for 6 months only. He provided his copy and now posting pictures in IG from Canada

my conclusion, he might be super lucky or we are busting our balls for no reason at all "

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
+
I texted CanadainIndia on Twitter handle and got this reply :

My Text : "Hello Sir/Ma'am, My status in the GC Key still shows "Counterfoil" "your document is invalid " this is not updated yet I have raised 2 webforms to IRCC uploading my medical document, first Webform raised on 9th JULY and the second on 4th AUG kindly help me out with this as have my flight on 12th AUG."

@CanadainIndia :"It will take roughly four weeks to process your medical exam results from the time they are received. You will receive a message in your IRCC Secure Account when your Visa is reactivated. You can also check the status of your visa on your IRCC secure account. Please do not attempt to travel or make travel plans until your visa has been reactivated. If you did not receive notification that your visa was deactivated despite having expired medicals, but you have since completed a new medical exam, please ensure that your visa remains activated by checking its status in your IRCC secure account. If your visa is still activated, you are eligible to travel to Canada."

My visa status is approved but only in the "full application status its showing counterfoil and invalid status "
Also I have the medical copy which I took from the hospital after my medical got done and it clearly states that the hospital has submitted the medical reports to the IRCC on 13th JULY .

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Your visa status being approved means nothing - even our cancelled and expired visas still says "Approved". What matters is the status of your counterfoil. As you can see from the response to you from IRCC, you are expected to wait for them to message you or wait for your counterfoil status to turn to valid again.

Anyone is free to take the chance.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Your visa status being approved means nothing - even our cancelled and expired visas still says "Approved". What matters is the status of your counterfoil. As you can see from the response to you from IRCC, you are expected to wait for them to message you or wait for your counterfoil status to turn to valid again.

Anyone is free to take the chance.
What's your current status ?
Which country?
When are you travelling ?
can you please share with us your medical timeline old + new?

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
3 days from now. 12th July. Really praying hard
I suggest you take a copy of the completed status medical which the hospital will provide you 4-5 days after your medical has completed and in that it is written that "the medical record is forwarded to IRCC on so and so date ".
I have also taken that record and it will be helpful as you can show this to the CBSA officers along with the concerned webform raised.