waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2011
LANDED..........
29-12-2011
Hello,

I filed a PR application under CEC on May 10, 2010 and got AOR on Sept 27, 2010. I got married on November 15, 2010 in Lahore, Pakistan and submitted all the required documents (according to Buffalo office) on December 2nd, 2010. (Sorry I've been throwing quite a lot of dates at you guys in this email, but please bear with me!) Although I haven't gotten any confirmation from Buffalo office that a family member has been added to my application. I did however submit the ROPF (right of PR fee) for myself and my wife along with the documents, I could probably ask the bank if the money order has been cashed or not.

I've recently got an email from Buffalo office saying that my immigration application has been transferred to New York office for "expedited" processing. So I had a couple of questions around that:

1) The 10 month processing time... is it from Sept 27 when I got my AOR (which btw does not say when did they receive this application), or from May 10, 2010 when application was actually delivered (according to Canada post).

2) I believe now they would do an initial assessment, followed by security checks, and would then request medical assessments for me and my wife (is that correct)? Any ideas how long this whole process could take? My work permit expires in Sept 2011, could you please give me an idea when should I ask my company to file an LMO (in case I haven't heard from New York office).

3) I live and work in Canada, whereas my wife is currently in Lahore, Pakistan. When they ask for medical, I would probably have to take my medical assessment here in Canada, but would my wife have to come here too and then do a medical assessment (and/or interview if applicable). I know I would have to ask her to send me her passport which I would then forward to New york office for assessment.

4) Any complications in this whole process that I should be wary of.

5) Why does Buffalo office hold on to these applications for 10 months or so and then just transfer them over to NY office when all the processing happens at a local visa office?

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
mah87 said:
1) The 10 month processing time... is it from Sept 27 when I got my AOR (which btw does not say when did they receive this application), or from May 10, 2010 when application was actually delivered (according to Canada post).

The 10 month processing time applies to applicants who were approved between January-July 2010. It does not "apply" to you - it is simply the most recent statistical average available. There is no processing standard for CEC applications at the moment. Many things have changed since those applicants submitted their applications, and processing times are much longer.

2) I believe now they would do an initial assessment, followed by security checks, and would then request medical assessments for me and my wife (is that correct)? Any ideas how long this whole process could take?

It varies from case to case.

My work permit expires in Sept 2011, could you please give me an idea when should I ask my company to file an LMO (in case I haven't heard from New York office).

Your company should apply for a new LMO approximately 4 months before your work permit expires.

3) I live and work in Canada, whereas my wife is currently in Lahore, Pakistan. When they ask for medical, I would probably have to take my medical assessment here in Canada, but would my wife have to come here too and then do a medical assessment (and/or interview if applicable). I know I would have to ask her to send me her passport which I would then forward to New york office for assessment.

Your wife can do the medical exam anywhere she can find a Designated Medical Practitioner. I believe interviews usually only involve the principal applicant.

If your application is approved, then yes, you would have to send your passports together to the NYC office.

5) Why does Buffalo office hold on to these applications for 10 months or so and then just transfer them over to NY office when all the processing happens at a local visa office?

It is a great mystery :) Let me know if you find out.