+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical examination of Dependent Child

balsneha

Sep 17, 2019
Hi,
I have a couple of doubts with regards to the sponsorship of my 5 month old child. My husband who is currently working in Toronto since August 2019 has submitted PR sponsorship for our 5 month old child who is currently with me in India and the application has been received on 12th Sept 2019. I am also a PR holder. I want to take my child to Toronto by this year December. Can I apply for a TRV if I don't receive the Pr for my child by Nov? Can the medical examination for PR of my child be done in Toronto? Or it has to be done in India? From what I read on the posts, PR FOR DEPENDENT CHILD usually takes between 6 and 8 months and I am little worried now. Please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I have a couple of doubts with regards to the sponsorship of my 5 month old child. My husband who is currently working in Toronto since August 2019 has submitted PR sponsorship for our 5 month old child who is currently with me in India and the application has been received on 12th Sept 2019. I am also a PR holder. I want to take my child to Toronto by this year December. Can I apply for a TRV if I don't receive the Pr for my child by Nov? Can the medical examination for PR of my child be done in Toronto? Or it has to be done in India? From what I read on the posts, PR FOR DEPENDENT CHILD usually takes between 6 and 8 months and I am little worried now. Please advise.
You can try to apply for a TRV for your child but they are not always granted. Yes you can do a medical in Canada.

balsneha

Sep 17, 2019
Hi,
We applied for TRV for our 5 month old son on 26th Sept this year and we are still awaiting an update. The processing time on the ircc site shows as 12 days but it's 15 days now. Would you have an idea if the TRV takes time for the minors who have already applied for PR. We submitted PR application for our son on 12th Sept and I see that the UCI no for both the applications have been linked. Please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
We applied for TRV for our 5 month old son on 26th Sept this year and we are still awaiting an update. The processing time on the ircc site shows as 12 days but it's 15 days now. Would you have an idea if the TRV takes time for the minors who have already applied for PR. We submitted PR application for our son on 12th Sept and I see that the UCI no for both the applications have been linked. Please advise.
Times are just estimates. TRVs for children of PR parents are not guaranteed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not trying to hijack the thread but what about a TRV for a child of a citizen and his wife who has a TRV? Thanks
As long as the parent was a citizen when the child was born the child doesn’t qualify for a TRV and should get a Canadian passport and citizenship recognition.

Raagu123890

Apr 19, 2018
Hi balsneha,

My situation is exactly the way you have described yours in this thread. Can you please tell if your baby got the PR within 6 months after getting TRV? When the baby was here with TRV, how did you manage to send the passport to Delhi office for stamping? Did you call CIC and update the baby's current address to canadian address and got the passport stamped here in Canada immigration office?