+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination issue

MB1911

Dec 4, 2018
I received my offer letter for Jan'19 intake pretty late , sometime around 12th November. It was already a chase against time for every procedure. During my medical examination everything went well until the Doctor's consulting round where the doctor asked several questions, one of them being whether myself or any family member had ever suffered from Tuberculosis. On answering in affirmative, that yes my father has had TB, my ordeal began. I was told I would have to undergo a TB skin test (Mantoux test). The skin test was done two days later as the diagonidia centre did not have a kit for the same available readily , it turned out positive (indicating I have latent TB bacteria, which is very common amongst indians). My chest X ray was clear and had no signs of TB . The medical centre advised me to go ahead and file for the visa. I filed for my visa on 22nd November. 6 days after filing fot the visa I received a letter from the medical department of the high commission asking for further clarification on the same. At this instance the diagnostic centre just sent me to a Pulmonologist, in a very reputable hospital in Mumbai. The doctor simply saw my chest X ray and stated that I was asymptomatic for TB but added that sputum test maybe done for further assurance. The doctor charged a huge "consulting fee" and insisted in cash payment only, refusing to issue a receipt for the same .
Post that the diagnostic centre still insisted that I need to undergo the test only if the embassy asks for the same. This kept on delaying my process . Also the sputum test is something that take 4 to 8 weeks for the results to come , which would result in me missing the deadline to join my college. I would like to understand from some other applicants who may have undergone the TB test, and whose results were negative as to what was the course of action taken in their case. And how long did it take for them to receive their visa ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I received my offer letter for Jan'19 intake pretty late , sometime around 12th November. It was already a chase against time for every procedure. During my medical examination everything went well until the Doctor's consulting round where the doctor asked several questions, one of them being whether myself or any family member had ever suffered from Tuberculosis. On answering in affirmative, that yes my father has had TB, my ordeal began. I was told I would have to undergo a TB skin test (Mantoux test). The skin test was done two days later as the diagonidia centre did not have a kit for the same available readily , it turned out positive (indicating I have latent TB bacteria, which is very common amongst indians). My chest X ray was clear and had no signs of TB . The medical centre advised me to go ahead and file for the visa. I filed for my visa on 22nd November. 6 days after filing fot the visa I received a letter from the medical department of the high commission asking for further clarification on the same. At this instance the diagnostic centre just sent me to a Pulmonologist, in a very reputable hospital in Mumbai. The doctor simply saw my chest X ray and stated that I was asymptomatic for TB but added that sputum test maybe done for further assurance. The doctor charged a huge "consulting fee" and insisted in cash payment only, refusing to issue a receipt for the same .
Post that the diagnostic centre still insisted that I need to undergo the test only if the embassy asks for the same. This kept on delaying my process . Also the sputum test is something that take 4 to 8 weeks for the results to come , which would result in me missing the deadline to join my college. I would like to understand from some other applicants who may have undergone the TB test, and whose results were negative as to what was the course of action taken in their case. And how long did it take for them to receive their visa ?
What I would do is first to ask the college for a deferral to the next semester as this will solve you immediate problem. I know it's not ideal but this should help you get some breathing room.

Clearly this doctor has taken advantage of the situation and literally harassed you for money and not charged a receipt. I would highly suggest you ask the Canadian embassy to look into this as they arbitrarily choose the panel physicians and he/ she will keep on doing this to prospective patients.

Ask the embassy if it's possible to get your test done at another centre as this person is taking money illegally. Sure you might say this is India etc but the Canadian embassy gives you these doctors so you would assume that they are at least above receiving money. In light of this you can ask them to do the test in the other panel physician ( there are two different hospitals in mumbai )

City: Mumbai
Name: Pushpa Kishore AJBANI
Address: Clinical Diagnostic Centre,
Floor 1, Mahila Vikas Mandal Building,,
General Jagannath Bhonsale Marg, Near Mantralaya,,
400 021
e-mail: feriel.palia@cdcgroup.co.in; info.north@cdcgroup.co.in
Telephone: (022) 6260 6100/ 6101/ 6102
Other line: 220 220 60
Spoken Languages: English

Name: Aarti JAIN
A-403 Floral Deck Plaza, C Cross Road, MIDC,
Near Rolta Bhavan,
400 093
e-mail: info.north@cdcgroup.co.in / feriel.palia@cdcgroup.co.in
Telephone: (022) 6119 6300 or 6697 2352 / 2353

Name: Milan Sangha
Address: Lilavati Hospital,
A-791, Bandra Reclamation,
Bandra West,
Maharashtra,
400 050
e-mail: visa@lilavatihospital.com
Telephone: E-mail:visa@lilavatihospital.com
022-26568244, 022-26568248

I have unfotunately not processed my visa so I can't help you with medicals I'm afraid.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
U made a blunder mistake bro
U shouldnt have told the doctors tat your had tb
Anyone plz h
He didn't have TB his father did, that is a question of the Visa form for a reason. Basically if you have been in contact with anyone with TB in the past they want to make sure you don't have TB.

MB1911

Dec 4, 2018
Thank you very much for the reply. I have infact gone to the said doctor through the referral forms issued by one of the above mentioned testing centres. I will take this up once I have a little clarity on my visa status.
What I would do is first to ask the college for a deferral to the next semester as this will solve you immediate problem. I know it's not ideal but this should help you get some breathing room.

Clearly this doctor has taken advantage of the situation and literally harassed you for money and not charged a receipt. I would highly suggest you ask the Canadian embassy to look into this as they arbitrarily choose the panel physicians and he/ she will keep on doing this to prospective patients.

Ask the embassy if it's possible to get your test done at another centre as this person is taking money illegally. Sure you might say this is India etc but the Canadian embassy gives you these doctors so you would assume that they are at least above receiving money. In light of this you can ask them to do the test in the other panel physician ( there are two different hospitals in mumbai )

Name: Pushpa Kishore AJBANI
Floor 1, Mahila Vikas Mandal Building,,
General Jagannath Bhonsale Marg, Near Mantralaya,,
400 021
e-mail: feriel.palia@cdcgroup.co.in; info.north@cdcgroup.co.in
Telephone: (022) 6260 6100/ 6101/ 6102
Other line: 220 220 60

Name: Aarti JAIN
A-403 Floral Deck Plaza, C Cross Road, MIDC,
Near Rolta Bhavan,
400 093
e-mail: info.north@cdcgroup.co.in / feriel.palia@cdcgroup.co.in
Telephone: (022) 6119 6300 or 6697 2352 / 2353

Name: Milan Sangha
Address: Lilavati Hospital,
A-791, Bandra Reclamation,
Bandra West,
Maharashtra,
400 050
e-mail: visa@lilavatihospital.com
Telephone: E-mail:visa@lilavatihospital.com
022-26568244, 022-26568248

I have unfotunately not processed my visa so I can't help you with medicals I'm afraid.

MB1911

Dec 4, 2018
He didn't have TB his father did, that is a question of the Visa form for a reason. Basically if you have been in contact with anyone with TB in the past they want to make sure you don't have TB.
Well honestly I never thought there could be such repercussions of honesty. But I'd rather be honest than be in trouble later.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Well honestly I never thought there could be such repercussions of honesty. But I'd rather be honest than be in trouble later.
Yes, that's a good rule. Be honest as late it could bite you in the ass. I honestly consider it a very serious matter that such a person who has been approved by CIC can do such things. Use the web form for CIC and mention what all you have experienced and ask them how you should proceed.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
If you're interested you could also follow up with CBC which is Canada's government broadcaster, honestly though that would be on the extreme side of things.

MB1911

Dec 4, 2018
If you're interested you could also follow up with CBC which is Canada's government broadcaster, honestly though that would be on the extreme side of things.
The latest development is a little shocking . They have asked for the following :

"Chest X-ray Examination - A repeat Chest X-ray PA to be done after completion of father's TB treatment.

Other Medical - Information on applicant's Father TB treatment details will also be required."

It also implies that I am unable to leave unless my father is completely healed !! Which is really confusing and demoralising.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
The latest development is a little shocking . They have asked for the following :

"Chest X-ray Examination - A repeat Chest X-ray PA to be done after completion of father's TB treatment.

Other Medical - Information on applicant's Father TB treatment details will also be required."

It also implies that I am unable to leave unless my father is completely healed !! Which is really confusing and demoralising.
Who is asking CIC or the doctor.