+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical examination cancelled due to Covid

vinitpe46

Aug 9, 2020
I am based in Melbourne and I received an ITA and need to submit my application of PR before Aug 11, 2021. I had my medical exam booked on 26th July, but I received a notification by SMS from the BUPA that due to lockdown declared in Melbourne, all booked medicals have been cancelled.

It does not seem like I shall get the medicals done before Aug 11, 2021. What can I do in this case?
I have the email of booking of Medical exam, but the cancel message was sent by SMS.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I am based in Melbourne and I received an ITA and need to submit my application of PR before Aug 11, 2021. I had my medical exam booked on 26th July, but I received a notification by SMS from the BUPA that due to lockdown declared in Melbourne, all booked medicals have been cancelled.

It does not seem like I shall get the medicals done before Aug 11, 2021. What can I do in this case?
I have the email of booking of Medical exam, but the cancel message was sent by SMS.
Explain in LOE that you are unable to get your medical done due to lockdown along with proof that you had your Medical cancelled due to lockdown.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Medical examination confirmation

Purpose

To assess the health of the applicant and their family members

Document requirements

• The medical examination confirmation is required up front and must be valid at the time of application.
  • The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR.
  • The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B, whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
  • Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of the appointment by the panel physician at the last minute without time to reschedule).
In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept
  • proof that a medical appointment is scheduled; or
  • a letter of explanation of best efforts.
However, these are not a guarantee of acceptance.

SJW

Aug 22, 2021
Hi, I live in Sydney and my Bupa medical appointment was scheduled for 14th July and it got cancelled as well. We are still in lockdown and not sure when can we book the appointment next. Did you provide the LOE and were you given an extension?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I live in Sydney and my Bupa medical appointment was scheduled for 14th July and it got cancelled as well. We are still in lockdown and not sure when can we book the appointment next. Did you provide the LOE and were you given an extension?
If you provide proof of the cancellation and why yes you’ll be given an extension. Would attach proof that the clinics in Sydney are not booking appointments plus attach current lockdown requirements in Sydney. Would book an appointment hoping the clinic will be open by then and specify when you have booked in an appointment if the clinic is open by then.

vinitpe46

Aug 9, 2020
I provided an email from Bupa saying that the appointment scheduled is cancelled. Also provided the email for the next appointment that I could schedule. I also took a screenshot of the notice on Bupa website saying according to the government guidelines, all medical appointments are cancelled. Just merge all the proof in one pdf and upload it. I did the same.
Still waiting for the case officer to assess my application and provide me an extension.

Reactions: canuck78
Mar 31, 2021
I provided an email from Bupa saying that the appointment scheduled is cancelled. Also provided the email for the next appointment that I could schedule. I also took a screenshot of the notice on Bupa website saying according to the government guidelines, all medical appointments are cancelled. Just merge all the proof in one pdf and upload it. I did the same.
Still waiting for the case officer to assess my application and provide me an extension.
Hi Guys,

I am in the same boat. I am residing in Victoria, which is in lockdown due to COVID. My last day to submit the documents os 9th september and I have medical booked for 22nd september for me and my wife and 15th October for my 3 months old daughter. However, it looks like the medical would get cancelled due to increase in number of cases. I have attached the letter from BUPA with my application and have also mentioned in LOE. Can anyone please advise what should be done if the medical gets cancelled on those dates? How do we provide them with the new dates? Also, do we have to book biometric after submitting the file or wait for their response?
Thanks in advance,

Mar 31, 2021
Hi Guys!!Just a query regarding proof of funds from an Australian bank. I have provided IRCC wuth bank statements of 3 accounts and a letter which mentions the date when the account was opened and the balance on that account. is this sufficient?

Any advise will be helpful.

Thanks