+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam questions and some worries

NoBueno

Nov 3, 2021
Good day!

I sent my PR (I'm the applicant) In October 2020, Had to go to the hospital in December 2020 and do a full CT for a minor kidney stone that passed on its own. I never had a kidney stone before that, I brought a report from my family doctor evaluating the full body CT scan and my kidneys are in "immaculate" condition including all my other organs. June or July(?) I got my AOR. Linked application online, Received request for medical on October 29th, Did all of my medical work today November 2nd.

Iam not 100% aligned with my birth gender. I started taking Testosterone about a year ago to match what I feel inside, I didn't say outright I'm Transgender because I don't have a proper term to describe it. I'm just me. Doctor stated "To better match gender identity" on my medication note

I do take an anti Anxiety and Depression medication, I started about 2 months ago. Sertraline 100mg. I was never diagnosed with major depression outright and I did tell the doctor that I'm taking it due to pandemic and immigration stress since it feels like my whole life is put on hold and turned upside down. I did specify I never tried to commit suicide or was hospitalized before. I'm in no way a danger to myself or the public, my criminal record is clear 100% I haven't asked about the doctors notes on that but I will call the doctors office tomorrow and ask about a copy of his notes. I answered "No" on the test about any serious mental health issues because I do not have clinical depression or schizophrenia or anything else and I don't think me being not 100% my birth gender is a mental illness. Should I have answered differently? I haven't worked before in my life (I did a lot of traveling with myself and my family and dog and enjoy life, I visited many other countries to get a better outlook on life and cultures which I 100% not regret and met my spouse with that as well, we are doing inland) and was a bit jumpy with my school education, you could say I'm very adventurous

Will these medical conditions and history cause any concerns? Will I have to do a psych evaluation test? How much do they cost?

Edit: Do I need to upload anything on my end btw? I just received this email:

Reminder – Medical Examination
As per Section 38(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, A foreign national is inadmissible
on health grounds if their health condition is likely to be a danger to public health; is likely to be a
danger to public safety; or might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or
social services.
To determine your admissibility to Canada, you and all of your dependants that you included in your
application, whether accompanying or not, must undergo an immigration medical examination. The
medical examination must be performed by a physician from the CIC list of panel physicians. Please
visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp for further information and a list
of panel physicians.
Proof of completion of the medical examination along with a copy of this letter must be sent to
this office. (?) Do I need to submit anything on my end?

Reminder – Right of Permanent Residence Fee
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is required before you can become a permanent
resident in Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will not be issued to you
until this payment is made. If you have not already made the RPRF payment, you are required to do
so in order to avoid processing delays. Failure to pay the RPRF may result in the refusal of your
application for permanent residence. Information on how to pay the RPRF can be found at
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp
All requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be submitted within the timeframes
specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the
requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other reminder will
be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on
the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application.
Please only submit the requested information and documents via one of the following methods:

^ I got this reminder for my Permanent residence fee and biometrics fee as well, I'm like 99,9% sure I already paid that in advance

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Assuming you're a spousal applicant I wouldn't worry. 99.9% sure spousal sponsorship means they can't refuse you on medical grounds - the medical is more about infectious diseases for spousal applicants.

Reactions: NoBueno

NoBueno

Nov 3, 2021
Assuming you're a spousal applicant I wouldn't worry. 99.9% sure spousal sponsorship means they can't refuse you on medical grounds - the medical is more about infectious diseases for spousal applicants.
I've seen people needing to get a psychological evaluation done based on taking anti depression medications and anti anxiety medications. I don't think me taking testosterone should be an issue given I've never been hospitalized, never was suicidal or self harmed I also don't have any drug or alcohol addiction problems, should I have filled out something differently? Do I need to submit anything on my end? I included the email contents above I've received after my medical. I'm just very worried, I come from an anti lgbt+ country. I don't want to seem mentally unstable, I've never caused myself nor the public any harm ever

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I've seen people needing to get a psychological evaluation done based on taking anti depression medications and anti anxiety medications. I don't think me taking testosterone should be an issue given I've never been hospitalized, never was suicidal or self harmed I also don't have any drug or alcohol addiction problems, should I have filled out something differently? Do I need to submit anything on my end? I included the email contents above I've received after my medical. I'm just very worried, I come from an anti lgbt+ country. I don't want to seem mentally unstable, I've never caused myself nor the public any harm ever
Don't worry too much about medical. As stated above, it's not very common to get a refusal from medical for spousal sponsorship.

Canada is very LGBT friendly. :)

Reactions: NoBueno

NoBueno

Nov 3, 2021
Don't worry too much about medical. As stated above, it's not very common to get a refusal from medical for spousal sponsorship.

Canada is very LGBT friendly. :)
Thank you! I'm very worried I know for sure I'm medically in the clear, I am very health conscious and get myself tested occasionally just in case, esepcially my CT scan back in December came back "immaculate" regarding all my organs. I just hope they won't think I'm mentally not okay for taking anti depression and anti anxiety medication :( I am not a violent person and I surely hope they won't think I'm going to be a danger to myself or the public... Just the pandemic and immigration stress is taking a toll on me. I answered "no" under the question when I filled out the form for mental illnesses since I have no clinical depression or anything else. Should I have answered yes? Also do I need to send anything now? (Aka the email I received above in Bold)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you! I'm very worried I know for sure I'm medically in the clear, I am very health conscious and get myself tested occasionally just in case, esepcially my CT scan back in December came back "immaculate" regarding all my organs. I just hope they won't think I'm mentally not okay for taking anti depression and anti anxiety medication :( I am not a violent person and I surely hope they won't think I'm going to be a danger to myself or the public... Just the pandemic and immigration stress is taking a toll on me. I answered "no" under the question when I filled out the form for mental illnesses since I have no clinical depression or anything else. Should I have answered yes? Also do I need to send anything now? (Aka the email I received above in Bold)
I don't believe you have to submit anything on your end.

You mentioned your condition (stress during the pandemic and the PR application process is common) to the doctor when you went for your medical exam.
The doctor will decide to include any note in the report. BUT I really doubt that will be any issue.

Reactions: cjr

NoBueno

Nov 3, 2021
I don't believe you have to submit anything on your end.

You mentioned your condition (stress during the pandemic and the PR application process is common) to the doctor when you went for your medical exam.
The doctor will decide to include any note in the report. BUT I really doubt that will be any issue.
Thank you, I will call the doctor today and asked for copies of the notes he put down regarding my medication and copies of the stuff I filled out, just to have proof on hand and for my own records. I know he was very nice and understanding and we laughed a lot esepcially during the reflex test when I nearly accidentally kicked him from how strong mine are, I'm probably just anxious and working myself up over nothing but I found a thread on here where their spouse had to get a psych evaluation done for like 2k because of anti anxiety and depression medication

Haaya

Dec 2, 2023
Thank you, I will call the doctor today and asked for copies of the notes he put down regarding my medication and copies of the stuff I filled out, just to have proof on hand and for my own records. I know he was very nice and understanding and we laughed a lot esepcially during the reflex test when I nearly accidentally kicked him from how strong mine are, I'm probably just anxious and working myself up over nothing but I found a thread on here where their spouse had to get a psych evaluation done for like 2k because of anti anxiety and depression medication
Hello can you please update me I am having the same medication