+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam for pregnant women

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Did anybody get their upfront medical exam while being pregnant( in india)? Do they perform chest xray?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A chest x-ray is a mandatory part of the medical exam. If you are pregnant, most doctors recommend against doing the chest x-ray since it may harm the unborn child. If you receive a request to do the medical while pregnant, you should complete the entire medical - except the x-ray. You should then contact CIC to let them know you are pregnant and cannot complete the entire medical exam. Once the baby is born, you should then complete the x-ray to complete the medical so that CIC can continue processing your file. At that point you will also have to add your newborn child to your application.

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
scylla said:
A chest x-ray is a mandatory part of the medical exam. If you are pregnant, most doctors recommend against doing the chest x-ray since it may harm the unborn child. If you receive a request to do the medical while pregnant, you should complete the entire medical - except the x-ray. You should then contact CIC to let them know you are pregnant and cannot complete the entire medical exam. Once the baby is born, you should then complete the x-ray to complete the medical so that CIC can continue processing your file. At that point you will also have to add your newborn child to your application.
How can i contact cic? And is it possible that my ita will expire if i cant submit complete medical report?

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
Raj19 said:
How can i contact cic? And is it possible that my ita will expire if i cant submit complete medical report?
Go do your medicals and inform the doctor that your wife is pregnant. If she doesn't do the xray, he'll provide you with an letter called Pregnancy Deferral Letter. You upload this with her medical report.

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
just called panelled hospital, they do x ray with double protection for pregnant women. lets see how it goes

foreigngirl

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj19 said:
just called panelled hospital, they do x ray with double protection for pregnant women. lets see how it goes
Don't do it. It's still risky. Just wait until she has the baby. Congratulations!

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
hello, last week we did our medical exam except chet xray for my wife cause shes pregnant, in my account it still shows "we requested medical exam" even though we did it, so my question is this gonna updated to medical passed or it will stay like this til after my wife do the chest xray?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
hello, last week we did our medical exam except chet xray for my wife cause shes pregnant, in my account it still shows "we requested medical exam" even though we did it, so my question is this gonna updated to medical passed or it will stay like this til after my wife do the chest xray?
Yes you have to wait till the delivery and then afterwards when she is ready for xray then it will be submitted after doing that.

Reactions: gym

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Yes you have to wait till the delivery and then afterwards when she is ready for xray then it will be submitted after doing that.
so it will always show this message without any new update " we requested a medical exam"