+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam exemption

kai1234

Jun 18, 2023
Hello, I know there are several posts about this topic but I was wondering something. I gave my medical exam in Nov 2020 (less than 5 years ago) in India, moved to Canada as a student in 2021 and now I've just received my ITA(under CEC) which demands I upload a form 1017B as proof of medical exam.

I have a form 1017E which states my IME number, used for my student visa back in 2020. I'm guessing I can just upload this and wait for IRCC to determine if they still want me to do another one.

My question is: Even if they reject my previous medical exam, would they actually reject my whole PR application OR notify me and give me time to do a new one? Is there someone who has completed their medical exam AFTER submitting their PR application?

Just for context, I have 59 days remaining to submit my app, and I probably will within the next 10 days anyway. Would be grateful for any advice, cheers :)

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
I honestly don't think they will reject your application for giving previously done medical. Try to contact them via webform. I don't think you need new medical. So you don't need new medical as it's less 5 years old.

In-Canada applicants
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

kai1234

Jun 18, 2023
They literally never respond to webforms, I've tried calling them as well. I agree with you, I don't think they should, but I cant really trust them lol